• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Elac S517, 8" Alnico Full-range Driver / Pair

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The bad, there is some damage on the one cone as shown. It is not major but you can see it. If you are going to run them without grilles it may bug you. It does not appear to affect how they perform however. I cannot hear any difference between them.

They sound nice with excellent midrange and clean highs. The bass however is the best part. Although they do not go down real low they do have a surprising amount of impact. I had them in sealed boxes and I doubt is was anywhere close to optimal. I am asking what I paid for them, $75 + shipping and insurance.

elac_back.jpg

elac.jpg

elac_S517.jpg

elac_a.jpg

elac_b.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.