• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Weird old power transformers (filament, SS and tube) - $7 each!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here are three transformers that I'd rather not move. AFAIK, they came from a Hammond G-100 organ. All three appear to have been manufactured at Midwest Coil. All of my measurements were taken with 120V on the primaries and no load on the secondaries. All of them have cloth leads that are in fine, flexible shape. Buyer pays shipping. $7 each.

#1, This 7lb beaut might work as a filament transformer as it's secondary (center tapped) measures 7.6V unloaded. It really is pretty, with a nice glossy black finish, good fit, and no surface rust. Long, big leads.

#2 is a beastly 20lb'er with a 35.5V (again, unloaded) center tapped secondary. The leads are giant. I don't know what sort of voltage you SS guys are typically looking for, but if you need tons of current, this is your boy. It has some rust on the outside of the very nicely stacked lams. Nice long leads. This guy begs for a USPS flat rate box.

#3 has two secondaries, one is center tapped and measures 54V (10.7 ohms), the other has no CT and measures 262V (20.1 ohms). It is 9.5lbs and has some surface rust. The leads on this guy are short.

pj

Another addition:

Stancor PC-8301
415-0-415 (117 primary) Plate transformer (no filament winding) designed for choke input supplies. IIRC, 200 ma for choke input 150 ma for cap input. I bought this guy NOS for $40. It has a mechanical buzz. I tried a couple of things to remedy it, and I think it is there to stay. It runs cool, so it isn't saturating and is perfectly functional. This one would be perfect for a guitar amp or any amp where you don't need it to be dead silent. I'd like to get $10 for it. (buyer pays shipping).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.