• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Giant BIB's For Sale in MN

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm moving westward in a few weeks, and though it pains me, I'd like to find a home for my BIB's. We're moving into a smaller house and I'd like to try some new things.

Mine are built according to the specs listed first here. The external dimensions are about 13.25"x20" and around 6 feet tall. They are built of 11 layer (not counting the veneer) birch ply and are unfinished. The front baffle double thick, and I put a brace in the mouth both to control panel resonances and to make a nice handle. The bases are a couple of inches bigger than the cab at the front, but tapered at the rear to fit into corners. They're on big steel spikes so it is relatively easy to level them. I've got Cardas Patented Binding posts on them and cross connected Belden 89259 internal speaker wire. They are stuffed with polyfill (or acoustuff, I can't remember) from the driver hole up, and in the bend/bottom. I've got a few pounds in each mouth as well.

They were originally designed for the Hemp Acoustics FR8. I am currently using them with my product, the Wild Burro Audio Labs Betsy K. The cabinets work spectacularly well with either. I speculate that they might work with other medium Q, higher compliance 8"ers, like the B20FU or maybe the Fostex F200. BIB's are known to be pretty flexible!

I've spent close to $600 on materials, and it has been worth every penny. I'm asking $350 without any drivers. I can sell you a pair of BetsyK's or my old pair of Hemp Acoustics FR8's if you are interested. I'll make you a good deal on either.

I can't transport these guys. If you are absolutely positive you want them and you can't move them, lets talk about it. Otherwise, come give 'em a listen in St. Cloud, MN.

pj

Attachments

• leftbib.jpg
    leftbib.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 355
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.