Transcriptor Skeleton Turntable for Sale - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd June 2009, 10:50 PM   #1
dskalsi is offline dskalsi  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Transcriptor Skeleton Turntable for Sale

EDIT(6-22-09)- I wanted to add that I am willing to consider trades/partial-trades for: -Altec 288 drivers, Altec 902 drivers, Altec 1505 horns, Logitec Transporter, Logitec Squeezebox, and may consider trades for various other components but am mostly interested in the above - shoot me a an e-mail and let me know what you got.

Up for sale is Transcroptor Skeleton Turntable w/ Vestigal Tonearm and Micro Acoustics 2002-e cartridge and MA 2002 Replacement Stylus for model 2002-e - I have the manuals/boxes that go with pretty much everything listed above

FIRST AND FOREMOST - I KNOW ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ABOUT TURNTABLEs -

I bought my first turntable (AR-XA) about a week or two ago from a fellow Klipsch forum member and I own 6 records in total.

The only reason why I have this Transcriptor turntable is because I was forced to buy it (along with a bunch of other gear) as a part of audio sale - the original owner had this and a bunch of other audio equipment - and was selling his entire audio system as a set - hence I was forced to buy it. I know nothing about this turntable. Before puchase, the original owner demoed it for me and it surly smoked my AR-XA. He suggested that it would be a good idea to order a new belt for it sometime soon but the one currently in place is still fuctional.

I know is that another Transcriptor Skeleton turntable sold on audiogon two/three weeks ago and the seller sold it for $1400+shipping. He did not even have the original box and it was beings sold with cheap cartridge. I am listing this for $1,300 - a $100 less than the other sale.

I am including the original box, i am including the MA 2002-e (which, according to forums online, maybe have been one of the best cartridges ever made), and am also including the stylus (which apparently is very very very rare and recent sales show the stylus alone being sold for $200+), I am also including the balancing scale that comes with the turntable. Given all that I am including above, I think my price of $1300 is very fair - I am only selling it at that price because I know nothing about how much all this is worth today).

I would LOVE for this to be a local sale - I would like any interested party to stop by for a visit, check out the turntable - and be completely satisfied BEFORE they purchase. If you are not local but are interested, then I will be more than happy to ship it to you - I will take several picture of the packaging and e-mail them to you so you can be completely satisfied with the packaging before I ship. If you have any friends or family around the Washington DC area, I will be more than happy to accommodate your friend/family if you want them to come inspect on your behalf. One more thing about shipping - I will pack this in its original box - and then I will double box it- this might cause the shipping to be high - but its the only way given that it is made of glass. Please note that I will not take any resposibilty if anything happens to it in transit. I am doing everything I can to give any interested party to check out the unit at my house before they purchase - I am 100% confident in the turntable as it sits at my house. I just don't want anyone calling me up and asking for a partial refund - I am not going to do.

This turntable basically going from the hands of the original owner to you - I have no use for $1,400 turntable when I don't even have records - its just stupid for me to keep this. All I want is the buyer to be 100% satisfied with the sale and that is much easier to do if the sale is local. Local sale allows for inpecting the unit before purchase. Once again, I can offer to ship (and send you plenty of pictures of the packaging before I ship - and get your "ok" before I ship) - I am not taking any responsibility for the turntable once it leaves this house. I have taken hi-res pictures of the turntable - e-mail me if you want me to send them to you.

Given the price, this turntable should sell quickly.

And lastly, sorry for making this ad so long. Its just that I have perfect feedback here and I am trying to keep it that way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (49.1 KB, 213 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!