• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

One Karlson K15 cabinet for free

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Moving residences, and I'd like to give someone else a cahce to play with karlsons. I can always build another pair for myself (have plans for a fron horn/ktube + k12 midbass setup sometime in the future.

Driver not included. If this cabinet isn't claimed in the next 10 days or so, I'm taking it with me.

For more info on karlson speaker, read http://home.planet.nl/~ulfman/ or browse the High efficienc forum at audioasylum.com . In very simplistic terms, it's a vintage design thats a cross between a bandpass, reflex and horn / tapped horn. Usuallly used as either a full range cabinet or a bass-mid bass cabinet (I hesitate to call it a subwoofer, unless it is retuned).

Advantages: mid-bass kick, little to no cone excursion
Disadvantages: looked down upon by the audiophile crowd, slight confusion in midrange due to front cavity, needs the right driver to work (pref. low mass, big magnet driver). I've used vintage Stephens co-ax in the past with success as well as university c-15w

Email to my username at yahoo dot com

Attachments

• k15-small.jpg
    k15-small.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 133
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.