Gainclone (well sort off) for sale - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st May 2003, 12:28 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Gainclone (well sort off) for sale

Hi all, I have two of these amps ( please see pictures) for sale. Each has four transformers in them. They're stereo. The reason for 4 transformers in each was not intend to improve sonic, though it may, compared to single transformer with ceneter tap, I really don't know , but simply because I have 8 toroidals with single secondary. So I use two each per channel to create bipolar power supplies. The chip is 3886TF (fully insulated). After rectification, DC supplies are +/-38 volts. Yes, the heatsink is way overkill, but those nice case which I have made and did not want to change it. Besides, It is always better to have too much as oppose to too little heatsink. Sure enough, I use these to drive Apogee Acoustic Stages speakers without sweat, at full bore and the heatsink is barely warm. In fact, believe it or not, My brother use one of these amp to drive his Divas, on top which makes the heatsink feel warmer but no where near hot. These are very much configured like National's Application notes with one exception, and that is Gain is 10 instead of 20. These amps are very quite. No noise, hiss, hum.............. I can not hear anything when no music playing and have my ears right next to the speakers, Absolute silent. Another note, The one in the picture has Tiffany metal speakers binding post, like it is. The other has plastic binding post, like in Adcom's 5800 amps, so there is a difference between the two. There're other details which I can tell you privately if you're interested. The hole was meant for the pot but I use it with my preamp so I never put it in. It's kindda mess up the cosmetic without the post there, I know, but if you want to use it without preamp, then just put the pot in and the hole is already there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-469f.jpg (54.0 KB, 690 views)
Old 1st May 2003, 09:35 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Here're some more pictures. My apology. I'm new here and not computer expert (in fact illiterate when it comes to PC). anyway, here are some more pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-463f.jpg (75.2 KB, 632 views)
Old 1st May 2003, 09:39 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

another picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-461f.jpg (67.9 KB, 626 views)
Old 1st May 2003, 09:45 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

And another
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mvc-462f.jpg (65.7 KB, 622 views)
Old 7th May 2003, 12:37 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

How much are you asking?

Randy
Old 14th May 2003, 11:30 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to dunderchief
Default Price?

I'd also like to know how much you are asking for this.

Cheers
Old 15th May 2003, 01:29 AM   #7
jleaman is offline jleaman  Belgium
Banned

Send a message via AIM to jleaman
When i see some thing that is for sale and has no price sticker on it. I assume it is always free. Maybe this one is Free. WOOT!
Old 16th May 2003, 03:24 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Hi All,

Price is $400 each plus shipping. Sorry I forgot to mention it.

Hide this!Advertise here!