• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Gainclone (well sort off) for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, I have two of these amps ( please see pictures) for sale. Each has four transformers in them. They're stereo. The reason for 4 transformers in each was not intend to improve sonic, though it may, compared to single transformer with ceneter tap, I really don't know , but simply because I have 8 toroidals with single secondary. So I use two each per channel to create bipolar power supplies. The chip is 3886TF (fully insulated). After rectification, DC supplies are +/-38 volts. Yes, the heatsink is way overkill, but those nice case which I have made and did not want to change it. Besides, It is always better to have too much as oppose to too little heatsink. Sure enough, I use these to drive Apogee Acoustic Stages speakers without sweat, at full bore and the heatsink is barely warm. In fact, believe it or not, My brother use one of these amp to drive his Divas, on top which makes the heatsink feel warmer but no where near hot. These are very much configured like National's Application notes with one exception, and that is Gain is 10 instead of 20. These amps are very quite. No noise, hiss, hum.............. I can not hear anything when no music playing and have my ears right next to the speakers, Absolute silent. Another note, The one in the picture has Tiffany metal speakers binding post, like it is. The other has plastic binding post, like in Adcom's 5800 amps, so there is a difference between the two. There're other details which I can tell you privately if you're interested. The hole was meant for the pot but I use it with my preamp so I never put it in. It's kindda mess up the cosmetic without the post there, I know, but if you want to use it without preamp, then just put the pot in and the hole is already there.

Attachments

• mvc-469f.jpg
    mvc-469f.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 712
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.