• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

WTB: Small qty. TO-3P insulators (US only)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Folks, if anyone here in the US has extra TO-3P mica or sil-pad insulators, can you spare 5 pcs? This is about the last thing I need to repair my Adcom amp. Hopefully, someone has extras floating around.

Let me know how much coin to have you part with a few extras in your toolbox.

Thanks!!

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi Magura,

infinia is correct. I have the Adcom GFA-535. It uses Sanyo 2SD1047 and 2SB817. I appreciate both of you responding. Per the datasheet, TO-3P. The insulators are last on my list....should have checked them more closely after I removed the originals. I ripped a couple so I I'm a couple short.

sonidos said:
Hi Magura,

infinia is correct. I have the Adcom GFA-535. It uses Sanyo 2SD1047 and 2SB817. I appreciate both of you responding. Per the datasheet, TO-3P. The insulators are last on my list....should have checked them more closely after I removed the originals. I ripped a couple so I I'm a couple short.

Hi I have both 535 and 555 series1 !
What are u using for outputs I assume you repaired/replaced. Perhaps a phone call to some local distributor... if nice they can mail you a few.

Joined 2007
Paid Member
Hi infinia,

I actually designed a new psu board, which kicked all this off. I goofed on the right channel and blew out a couple of transistors. I sourced the same transistors from B & D Enterprises. They have a good collection of Sanyo trannies.

Fortunately, my left channel works and sounds even better. I upped capacitance with Panasonic TS-HAs, put in a pair of rectifiers that have better current capability, removed the wiring to the LED indicators, and replaced many of the resistors in the signal chain with Vishay Dales. Also, the soldering job was horrendous on the boards and I realigned all the pins on the output trannies and cleaned it all up. The left channel sounds like a whole different beast. :)

I found a seller on ebay from Hong Kong, so today I put in my order. It will take about 2 weeks but he was much cheaper than distributors. He's got a high rating of 99.9% so hopefully I don't run into trouble with the sil-pads he sold me.

sonidos --

I just saw this thread. Sorry I didn't notice it before. You can buy TO-3P pads, both mica and sil-pads, from Mouser in Mansfield TX. The mica insulators are a dime or so, sil-pads more expensive but you can buy either in onesies.

I can find the parts numbers if your eBay buy doesn't work out.

TO-3P mica insulators available

Today I received a shipment of TO-3P mica insulators from Hong Kong China purchased thru EBay. Here is the EBay listing: TO-3P Transistor Mica Insulator,Insulation sheet, x 50

TO-3P Transistor Mica Insulator,Insulation sheet, x 50 - eBay (item 260559144568 end time Jan-20-11 20:19:03 PST)

They measure .864" x .715" and have a single hole of .137" diameter. (These measures are accurate to about .002"). Most appear to be about 4 mils thick and they are easily split into 1 mil thick pieces.

I am willing to share some of this supply with those in need. Send your mailing address and I send you some.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.