• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FREE Marantz CD-50 SE metal-plastic chassis (CDM4 based)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Would work with many large format Philips boards like the ones in CD610 etc.

The Marantz plastic chassis is braced with a galvanized sheet metal bottom cover and a very rigid back plate. The top cover is not perforated. So I think as a whole this is a reasonable upgrade for some Philips players.

The integrated tray mechanism still has its original gear in good working condition. But the tray motor needs new lead wires as the original ones are missing.

The large VFD display is blinking a bit so replacing the 6501/02 chip with the one in your existing CD player (you should have one if your player has a VFD display) should fix the problem.

Comes with headphone amplifier and FTS board that has some yummy elna cerafine capacitors.

The Marantz badge alone sure looks yummy...

Will include original instructions manual.

FREE and pickup at Broadway Skytrain Station is preferred. Though shipping within Canada and the US could be arranged at cost.

WILL NOT SEPARATE. Offering this as a whole package.

By the way I am currently using the CD50 remote with my other CD player so the remote is not included in this free deal. But we could work out something if you already have a good working remote for Philips based players... A simple remote that could do play, stop, track, and fast forward would suffice.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.