• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Tripath RB-TA3020-2 Reference Board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Tripath RB-TA3020-2 reference board that I am reluctantly putting up for sale. It has been lightly used and never abused.

The supply decoupling caps have been changed to 820uF 63V Panasonic FC and they are a few mm higher than the heatsink. I have also attached a piece of aluminum U-channel to the TA3020 as a heatsink. It is just held in place with heatsink goop and a rubberband.

I will be including all necessary wiring as can be seen in the pic. I am also including two very high quality precision 10K trim pots. You can use these to replace the single turn pots used for the output offset adjustment if you want.

Price is $150 firm including domestic shipping. The price is not negotiable and I only accept paypal. I would prefer to sell domestically if possible.

To put the price in perspective, the Truepath kit from 41hz will cost you $139 shipped and it doesn't include a heatsink and it's not assembled nor guaranteed to work once you have assembled it.

Get it while you can; your not likely to see one of these for sale again!

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I'm not convinced attaching a heatsink with a rubber band is a good idea. To be honest, i dont think that chip tends to get hot but look at it this way:

If it doesnt get hot, why heatsink?
If it does get hot, rubber band is not a good idea as rubber will perish, especially when it gets hot (try leaving a rubber band on a radiator for a couple of months) and this will leave the heatsink liable to falling off and probably frying the board in the process.

In a very unlikely worst case scenario it could even cause something to catch fire. I dont know health and safety regs, but I'm sure using rubberbands in electrical equipment would be against them in most countries

Edit: Little apology for my tone. My point stands, but im being nitpicky at the moment. Uni finals, stress, im looking for things to criticise, wont make a habit

~

valleyman said:
I'm not convinced attaching a heatsink with a rubber band is a good idea. To be honest, i dont think that chip tends to get hot but look at it this way:

If it doesnt get hot, why heatsink?
If it does get hot, rubber band is not a good idea as rubber will perish, especially when it gets hot (try leaving a rubber band on a radiator for a couple of months) and this will leave the heatsink liable to falling off and probably frying the board in the process.

In a very unlikely worst case scenario it could even cause something to catch fire. I dont know health and safety regs, but I'm sure using rubberbands in electrical equipment would be against them in most countries

Edit: Little apology for my tone. My point stands, but im being nitpicky at the moment. Uni finals, stress, im looking for things to criticise, wont make a habit

So snip it and take it off, problem solved. :rolleyes:

I disagree, the chip does need a heatsink... hence the large exposed thermal area on the chip. I attached the heatsink the way I did for testing purposes, it wasn't meant to be permanent.

I'll just keep it anyway; I was just giving someone else a chance to put it to good use. Sorry, I'm not going to just give it away.

I would wish you good luck at finals, but I wouldn't mean it.

~NO LONGER FOR SALE~

/Thread

Re: ~

theAnonymous1 said:
I would wish you good luck at finals, but I wouldn't mean it.

No real need for that. I apologised in case my post sounded overly critical.
I dont think I was out of line to point out that this was potentially dangerous. Of course its a easy fix, a little thermal epoxy would sort it in a matter of minutes, but unless I pointed it out someone who didnt know any better could have bought and used a board that was potentially hazardous.
Maybe you would have let a buyer know to attach the heatsink more safely for regular use, but how could I know that and what harm does it really do for me to point it out?

I meant no harm nor did i intend to cause offense

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.