WTB/S/T: Toroidal Transformers - UK - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd June 2009, 02:27 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default WTB/S/T: Toroidal Transformers - UK

I am looking to purchase or trade for an 18V+18V 160VA toroidal transformer with 230V (2x115V is fine) input.

I already have a 25V+25V 120VA transformer (2x115V input) that I no longer need and am willing to trade. The leads have been shortened and extended, but the transformer runs perfectly and is less than 2 months old.

If no trade, the aforementioned transformer is for sale, reasonable offers only please.
Old 4th June 2009, 02:15 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Bump! Anyone?
Old 14th June 2009, 09:25 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Still available and still in need!
Old 15th June 2009, 08:47 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

geeee, I've needed a transformer with those ratings for, a long time ago I ordered a transformer that was supposed to be 2x30 volts but I accidentally ordered 2x15 volts.

I know for me it would be a rip off to trade it because it costed like $75 and it is rated for 225VA, it is also made by Hammond.

You made I smaller mistake than I did, what where you planning on using the 18+18 volt tranny for any ways?, I know for a fact that I really want a tranny with 25+25 volts if it was a slightly higher VA rating I might actually trade it.

Could you post a picture of it? if mine could be of use I can take a picture of it too, the damn thing has been sitting in a box in the work shop for the past four years, and just about all I have in mind for it is to build a class "A" SS amp which would sound very nice with this beast...
Old 15th June 2009, 10:11 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I'm looking to build a stereo lm3886 based amp. Using a 2x18v transformer will give me the 40W/ch into 4ohms that I need, so unfortunately a 2x15v is no good to me.

The 18v one I have is just a bog standard generic transformer from Rapid, nothing like your Hammond.

I'm more than happy to sell it, but I think the cost of shipping to Canada would outweigh any benefits on your behalf. Thanks for the interest though!
Old 16th June 2009, 09:34 AM   #6
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Hi,

I have a brand new/unused ( in box ) toroid 2 x 18 V 2 x 8,33 A. It is complete with mounting materials. It is a bit heavy so shipping will be around 10 Euro to the UK.

Let me know by means of a PM if you are interested.

Jean-Paul

Hide this!Advertise here!