L/R Boards and Matched IRFP240 Boards for Aleph/ A-X - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd May 2009, 04:04 AM   #1
lgreen is offline lgreen  United States
diyAudio Member

Default L/R Boards and Matched IRFP240 Boards for Aleph/ A-X

I have not completed my Aleph X in 3 years so its time to part out the key parts.

For sale are 2 of the green L/R channel boards- stuffed with parts including black gate caps. These boards are wired in My A-X and I will desolder and/or cut the relevant wires to remove.

See the boards here. The missing components are on the opposite side.

Also for sale are the MOSFET boards.

Each of the 8 boards contains-

3 matched IRFP240 MOSFETs (how matched?? don't know I bought them years ago here and they were said to be matched)
3 pairs of Dale 1.2 ohm resistors in parallel
3 220 ohm gate resistors.

See this link for the pics of the output boards.

ONE of the output MOSFET boards is blown, all mosfets measure as shorts. The others measure fine. The Board is included, you need 3 more matched MOSFETS to install on the board.

The L/R channel boards appeared to work 3 years ago when I first powered up, but 3 of the output MOSFETs did blow and smoke emitted from the blown board. I believe the cause was overtightening the transistors under copper bars using arctic silver thermal compound that became conducting. But I'm just guessing.

I can say that each item for sale will give you a massive head start on an Aleph or Aleph X.

Price-

$70 including shipping for the left and right channel boards.
$40 including shipping for the MOSFET output boards.

This price is a small fraction of the cost of the parts that are on these boards.
Old 24th May 2009, 07:49 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Email me at Speakrsrfun at hotmail dot com, I'd like to talk....
Old 24th May 2009, 10:19 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I'd just like to know what confirguration this is set for output wise, I'll talk it over with my wife but more than likely I will take evrything here, output and L/R boards. If you would rather I email you just post here, Peace.
Old 25th May 2009, 03:12 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by speakrsrfun
I'd just like to know what confirguration this is set for output wise, I'll talk it over with my wife but more than likely I will take evrything here, output and L/R boards. If you would rather I email you just post here, Peace.

The configuration is here.

The boards actually are more complete than the ones shown; they have 3 terminal screw connector blocks installed for each mosfet output and also there is one for the input connection. I will post another pic.

You can email me or whatever, I'm available.
Old 25th May 2009, 02:56 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default more pics

here are some very large pics.

MOSFETs large

Boards (top) large

boards (bottom) large

You see all top quality components- Dale resistors, silver mica and black-gate caps in cricitical locations. Large terminal blocks (soldered and epoxyed in place) to connect your banks of output transistors.
Old 26th May 2009, 04:00 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default markings

Just to be clear, I have written 'shorted' on the mosfet board that measures no-good.
Old 20th August 2009, 03:27 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hello everyone, these are still available.

There has been some interest from outside the USA. This is fine if you pay shipping, it would be helpful to give me an estimate if you know approximately how much it would be.
Old 25th August 2009, 04:56 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Still available.

Hide this!Advertise here!