• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

L/R Boards and Matched IRFP240 Boards for Aleph/ A-X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have not completed my Aleph X in 3 years so its time to part out the key parts.

For sale are 2 of the green L/R channel boards- stuffed with parts including black gate caps. These boards are wired in My A-X and I will desolder and/or cut the relevant wires to remove.

See the boards here. The missing components are on the opposite side.

Also for sale are the MOSFET boards.

Each of the 8 boards contains-

3 matched IRFP240 MOSFETs (how matched?? don't know I bought them years ago here and they were said to be matched)
3 pairs of Dale 1.2 ohm resistors in parallel
3 220 ohm gate resistors.

See this link for the pics of the output boards.

ONE of the output MOSFET boards is blown, all mosfets measure as shorts. The others measure fine. The Board is included, you need 3 more matched MOSFETS to install on the board.

The L/R channel boards appeared to work 3 years ago when I first powered up, but 3 of the output MOSFETs did blow and smoke emitted from the blown board. I believe the cause was overtightening the transistors under copper bars using arctic silver thermal compound that became conducting. But I'm just guessing.

I can say that each item for sale will give you a massive head start on an Aleph or Aleph X.

Price-

$70 including shipping for the left and right channel boards.
$40 including shipping for the MOSFET output boards.

This price is a small fraction of the cost of the parts that are on these boards.

speakrsrfun said:
I'd just like to know what confirguration this is set for output wise, I'll talk it over with my wife but more than likely I will take evrything here, output and L/R boards. If you would rather I email you just post here, Peace.

The configuration is here.

The boards actually are more complete than the ones shown; they have 3 terminal screw connector blocks installed for each mosfet output and also there is one for the input connection. I will post another pic.

You can email me or whatever, I'm available.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.