WTB: Scanspeak tweeter faceplates - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th May 2009, 05:32 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default WTB: Scanspeak tweeter faceplates

Hello,

I am looking for a pair of Scanspeak Revelator 2904/7000 faceplates - I prefer black ones but silver would be ok too. I used the tweeters without the plates as I wanted to mount them closer to the woofer and I have lost the plates. Now I need them. If anybody has them and is willing to sell them to me, please let me know.
Old 14th May 2009, 01:54 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I have a pair of black faceplates for the 70000, which I want to swap for the 90mm x 120mm rectangular ones, which cost 60UK.
Old 14th May 2009, 05:06 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

I guess you`re looking for 60 pounds for the faceplates, I would expect SS-s reply on this, 60 pounds is a little high to me.
Old 14th May 2009, 06:54 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

I have 7000 series black ones. 4psc. but they are with precuted edges at scan speak factory fot MTM configuration. they are the same flanges as in my avatar just cutted top,bottom and black instead of white. I have also many others scan speak flanges.
Old 15th May 2009, 06:24 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hello elviukai, would you please send me some pictures to info@mariopankov.com of the cut plates and also any other faceplate that is the same ( has the same waveguide loading and inner screws )? I would appreciate if you could also include the price and shipping to Bulgaria.

Thanks!
Old 15th May 2009, 12:30 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

I am posting an official reply from a SS authorized dealer who can deliver the original faceplates, brand new from SS.

Dear Mario,

I will have in stock the face plates you need by the end of this month.
The price will be approximately 25 Euro each

Best regards

At this point I do not think anything over 30 euro for a pair of used faceplates is reasonable. I am waiting on offers and some pictures of the already cut faceplates offered above
Old 15th May 2009, 12:58 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I did photo of theese. theese are precuted at factory for 15m/15w revelators but any 4 or 6.5inch driver will fit.

I shouldnt worry too much about the price, shipping can cost some money (10-20eur if not fit in lettewr) also you will not fit frontplates if you dont have aluminiums holders for screws (3psc) to fit drivers to plates. if you buy from dealer please ask for theese parts too if you lost them also. I may find them also for free. if you want them I can sell pair of them for 10eur/each. as soon as we fit in 2kg parcel i can throw as much as posible in weight other scan speak front plates as you want for fixed price lets say 50eur, it make sense to buy if you want some more goodies have fun with audio projects
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dsc00144.jpg (83.8 KB, 99 views)
Old 15th May 2009, 03:51 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

elviukai, thank you for all advices I like your offer for the plates, do you have a 2904/7000 plate which is not cut? If yes what is the price?

If you do not have it, I will go with the two cut plates you have - send me a Paypal invoice and please ship them to:
Belitza street 11, Kostinbrod, 2230 postal, Sofia district, Bulgaria, EU.
You will have your payment once I get the invoice.

Cheers,
Mario

BTW - I saw some Illuminator woofers on the pic, would you be so kind to provide some comments regarding them and how do they compare to the Revelators?
Old 15th May 2009, 04:22 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

hi it seems small parcel(up to 500gr ) to EU is in 5-7eur range.
i will throw extra front plates. please write me empty email and i will send invoice.

as for iluminators sonic properties.. well its very subtile things. technicaly its quite high in level second HD starting from 800hz, as for FR it does not go deeper than 18w revelator but it comes much more "punchy" at 60hz in level. what it does -provide unbelievable midbass levels for its size, best i have ever heard or measured. and its quite undiscorted. midrnage is smooth and without too much resolution, in speakers after BSC sound becomes evern more "wooly"and slow response. it reminds me in some way old 18w8542 in most ways. in short drivers are well suited for people who searh "harmonic richness" in lower midrange and prefer "rich" sound over "lean/neutral" also both 18U and 15U produce almost the same clear midrange in very high excursions.

I played with diferent coils(4/6/8ohms) 8ohms is only 82db/w/m after BSC also played litle bit with - aluminium , kevlar, also double composite kevlar/MSP cones- things went much better in resolution but microdynamic and livenes is still the same-its probbaly because underhung design.

if anyone will use theese drivers ,my recomendation is to use them i or 2.5 way (2x8ohms) or use 4,4ohm rdc versions and do not use BSC too much(in the nearfield measurements +2db is fine in high bass) because it hurts sound for 18U like no other drivers.

i should also notice that because cones flexibility and damping its very well behaved no break ups it can go even 6db/oct/

hope this helps
Old 18th May 2009, 02:06 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Elviukai, would you send me an invoice for the plates? if you could find the mounting screws - I would appreciate that, If you cannot - it`s ok you can send them like this, i will be modifying them anyways

Hide this!Advertise here!