• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

For Sale Toshiba 2SK389 -GR, 2SA1349 -GR, 2SC3381 -GR

Things you have for sale.
Hi Folks,
I'm a retired audio designer and new here on diyAudio. I sew there is a shortage of these dual monilitic transistors.
I have some NOS new "Guaranteed Toshiba" 2SK389-GR, 2SA1349-GR & 2SC3381-GR for sale. I used these types in a differential stage, with all monolitic duals (12Pcs), Phono preamp in the 90's. I bought them myself direct from Thoshiba through their Swedish distributor Ericsson Components in the 90's and have carefully stored the leftovers since then.

2SK389-GR - $8/Pc, 2SA1349-GR & 2SC3381-GR at $2 at each.

P/P $4 worldwide as 1:st class mail.

Sorry, have no 2SJ109 of any kind.

:cool: JohanB

Attachments

• transistorer 004.jpg
    transistorer 004.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 5,042
Hi,
There are some missunderstanding about the price, I wrote in the original post, for 2SA1349-GR and 2SC3381-GR.
Price is $2 each per one transistor, which makes $4 for one complementary pair NPN/PNP dual monolitics.

Answers to mail questions I've got:

Yes I have many of each mentioned type
Normal 1:st class air mail and packing costs $4, at buyers risk.
Registred mail costs add $8 with insured value up to $65 and add $12 for insured value up to $1250
Yes, I have a PayPal account
Yes, I can take Euros at a rate of: 4 USD = 3 EUR (1,333 to 1)

:) JohanB

Attachments

• transistorer 020.jpg
    transistorer 020.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 4,642
Originally posted by jacco vermeulen
Aha, in that case i won't tell you where to get them for 50 cents each.

If this is true. Care to share with the rest of us? The last set I purchased from a supplier (MCM) cost me about a buck a piece. That was about 10 years ago. So I'm going have to interpret your post as a joke.

regards,
Dan

JohanB said:
.......hmmm. littlediode.

Littlediode is a joke, small wonder they offer parts in a zillion languages on the web.
Even Erno Borbely charges less than half those rates for the A1349/C3381 duo, the highly trustworthy source comes for free.

There are still various places that offer one or both these parts for fair prices.
For example Cicon electronics in New York for $2.25 average, Suburban electronics in Maryland for $1.35, Electronics online in Ohio charges $1.25 for an A1349, Acme sales in Orlando does $1 a piece for the A1349.
Mark5 in the UK, 10 miles above Portsmouth, charges less than $1 for a 2SA1349.
Heldt electronics in the north of Germany offers the duo for less than €1/pc averaged.
I frequently buy parts from eastern European sources nowadays, Poland is especially attractive because transferring a sum to an ING owned postbank in Poland is close to realtime banking.
A top of the head example in Poland is KazPol electronics, <$2 the piece.
Last time i ordered parts from Tang Hill audio in Taiwan they still had both the A1349 and the C3381 for excellent rates, a store i can highly recommend, terrific service at each deal i made with them.
Do a search, and prices drop below a dollar the item in Asia.
If someone hasn't found these parts, possible he hasn't really been looking that hard.

$2 the piece for either part is a very fair and easy rate.
My comment was merely aimed at people who'd like to have these parts, and more than willing to work for gain.

(everyone knows i'm a joker, even me.)

Dear Jacco,

I don't know your reasons or purpose of complaining over my prices for obsolete transistors. You even recommended a seller with higher prices!! If this just started as a joke and you now have to defend your statements with inaccurate and/or old information..... I can understand you. OK you're a joker...you said !! But please be serious now.

Of course, someone maybee find a couple of these for 99 cents each in a TV-repair/spare-part shop. But the low price regular sources I could trace in your post, actually do not claim to have them in stock. Borbely is out of stock for a long time. Mark5 has zero in stock of 7-pins 1349/3381, but say they can get something else 1349, SAN(yo)? X99??, (maybee 3-pin) for...GBP .57.....and 3381?? for GBP 2.98 in 7-14 days??? etc

How accurate are your suggestions to try to get DIY:ers to try to buy from Asia? Your Taiwan link don't publish prices, or if in stock.
What I know, these low noise transistors were only manufactured by Toshiba, who made them in the 7-pin staggered SIL to the mid/end of the 1990's. But most other Asian suppliers you find on the net have them in all brands, as NEC, Sanyo, & Toshiba in all different cases as DIL, DIP, SMD etc and date codes '06 to '08 in thousands!!! Just Google on the type numbers and see what you get. You probably know how these Group Buys from Singapore and even from a New York based supplier ended. How would you interpret these links below ???
http://www.ic2ic.com/search.jsp?sSearchWord=2SC3381#
http://www.ic2ic.com/search.jsp?sSearchWord=2SA1349
http://www.ic2ic.com/search.jsp?sSearchWord=2SK389

I have still many hundreds of production-leftovers new real mint NOS Guaranteed Toshiba 2SK389-GR, 2SC3381-GR & 2SA1349-GR on my shelf and just want to make these accessable to other DIY:ers here at a reasonable cost and an easy postage.

JohanB :)

Hi Johan,

i did not complain about your prices, i think my last post stated that they are very good actually.

Ordering from regular vendors usually involves added VAT, import taxes for larger orders, and in most cases high postage costs.
Your offer of $2/pc plus $4 postage is likely unbeatable for a smalll number of parts.
On top of that you have both the PNP and the NPN dually for sale.

You need not remind me of parts group buys that failed.
Most regulars on diyA will likely recall that i'm one of about half a dozen who still have not received a refund from the J109/K389 V-grade group buy.

Some of the sources i mentioned could be outdated, in my previous post i just posted a number of names and prices from the top of my head.
I never buy parts from Borbely, so i rarely check his inventory list.
Some time ago i did an extensive search for the A1349/C3381 duo and ended up ordering a substantial number from a source in Asia.

My first post in this thread was merely a response to Sze's comment that implied that these parts are impossible to come by.
My post was not intended as criticism to you offering these parts in any way, my sincere apology if you read it as such.

(2SJ109 JFETs can be ordered from Partco in Helsinki/Finland. About $4 the piece plus VAT, their webshop has an English version : HERE )

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your E-mail request. I've just sent an informative mail to your friend Birgir, so I think I i'll paste some of that message to you too, as all information is in there.
Yes, I still have plenty of all these types.

" Please state how many 3381's, 389's and eventually 1349's (makes a very accurate current mirror for the 389) you need, and you can calculate a total price.

The 2SC3381-GR or 2SA1349-GR is US$ 2/each. More than 50Pcs (mixed 3381-1349's)US$ 1.50/each

2SK389-GR is US$ 8/each. More than 50Pcs US$ 6/each.

If you order for more than US$ 100 in total, I'll include free postage as registred mail.

200 Pcs of 2SK389-GR, in originally sealed never opened Toshiba 200Pcs antistatic bags, I can sell for USD 3.50/each (totally 700$/bag, including international registred P/P)
If you or someone else want to orginize a 2SK389-GR "group buy" on diyAudio, you're wellcome to do.

Less than US$ 100 in total order, the postage/packing is 4$ as ordinary unregistred air mail letter at buyers risk. Registred letter is plus 8$. (totally 12$)

You are of course invited to give my information to any friends of yours. I have many of these NOS tranistors and will not run out of stock for a long time."

:) JohanB