• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Martin Logan Sequel II - $550

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a pair of well cared for Martin Logan Sequel II electrostatic speakers for sale. These have been used as the primary channels in my home theater for the last several years. They have never been abused, but the panels are starting to show (sound) their age from daily use. These speakers are still functional, but require a bit of power to push, and eq to get the panels to match the output of the woofers. I am pricing these speakers low so the new owner can afford to order a new set of panels from Martin Logan. The cost of these panels is around $600, and replacement is easily done in less than an hour with simple hand tools. I would be happy to assist in replacing the panels, as I have done it before.

Also available is a spare used pair of stators if you want to try and make some DIY replacement panels. I will included them for free if you would like them.

If you are interested in trading, I will accept partial trades in the computer/electronics genre.

Speakers are located in Indianapolis, IN 46250 and the shipping boxes have been thrown away many years ago.

I’m interested, if you still have them, but would be interested in trades. I have over 35 yrs in the audio business (one of those old audio farts) and have lots of SS and tube parts, boards etc (do a search on my name for stuff I’ve had up for sale- got much more that listed). Always wanted a pair of Martin blowguns (although was looking for a cheap pair of CLS). I had Quads, Acoustat, ET, etc. For trade, I also have NIB Alverez ArtCore AF85VLS-12 LTD guitar (this is a BEAUTIFUL limited ed violin finish Alverez, only sold to high end music stores and not available from the on-line discounters). New, with tags, warranty card, box and strung with flat wound jazz strings. This was a recent birthday gift (really wanted a Pat Methany Jazz guitar or good used Menendorf cello to replace my student cello…but those are $$$$). Anyway this was purchased for $699.00 (sell for $550 to keep off of eBay, any takers?). I also have a few other non-audio trades (skis). Anyway let me know. I live in Grand Rapids, MI and could meet you half way to pick up (about a 4.5 hr drive to Indy).

I had a pair of them back when they came out. Pretty darn good speaker for the buck and much better then the poriginal Sequel... woofer and panel were integrated much better in the II. I always had a strange zzzzzzzz in my panels on very high level peaks. Never did figure out if it was a panel resonance or just excursion limits of the stats causing it but I still enjoyed them. If you had the boxes I'd jump on it even though I'm in SLC.... Always save boxes!!! If you can think up a way to pack them up as a kit I might still be interested.

I have a pair of well cared for Martin Logan Sequel II electrostatic speakers for sale. These have been used as the primary channels in my home theater for the last several years. They have never been abused, but the panels are starting to show (sound) their age from daily use. These speakers are still functional, but require a bit of power to push, and eq to get the panels to match the output of the woofers. I am pricing these speakers low so the new owner can afford to order a new set of panels from Martin Logan. The cost of these panels is around $600, and replacement is easily done in less than an hour with simple hand tools. I would be happy to assist in replacing the panels, as I have done it before.

Also available is a spare used pair of stators if you want to try and make some DIY replacement panels. I will included them for free if you would like them.

If you are interested in trading, I will accept partial trades in the computer/electronics genre.

Speakers are located in Indianapolis, IN 46250 and the shipping boxes have been thrown away many years ago.
do you still have them call me I need x overs and woofers 813 690 1474

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.