• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Check out these.. Foster, Coral, Audax, SEAS (ebay)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
rabbitz said:
FR guys may want to check out the Foster supertweeter.

I've bought some tweeters and an easy smooth transaction.

That looks suspiciously like the Foster tweeter in the Radio Shack pods (40-1310) -- be nice to see a pic from the back. They are a good tweeter but if they are the same, even if they are the solid Aluminum ones price seems a bit steep. Certainly a lot more than i'd sell em for (most of mine are the plastic ones -- i don't know if that is an actual deficeit or not)

dave

Attachments

• fa02_1.jpg
    fa02_1.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 274
Dave

Us poor guys in Oz always pay more for drivers than you folks up north. :( Even when we find a bargain at Madisound the shipping kills us.

Do you know anything about the Coral MHD-55 as it's got me intrigued? I've looked around and can find zilch on it.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
rabbitz said:
Us poor guys in Oz always pay more for drivers than you folks up north. :( Even when we find a bargain at Madisound the shipping kills us.

I could probably land you a pair of the plastic ones for $75 USD.

Do you know anything about the Coral MHD-55 as it's got me intrigued?

No. But i wouldn't be surprised if it is in the league he says it is.

dave

You and me both Moondog55. :dead:

I have to try a pair of those Corals.

The A$ is killing our purchasing power and even though most of my drivers are bought at trade prices, they've gone up by about 30% over the last 12 months. Even worse when we buy in US$ so I have a cry when I see Madisound specials. :bawling:

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Yes especially the cost of postage/

I am still lusting after another pair of Vifa M22s, but my better half will kill me if I buy anything before finishing the ( kitchen/laundry/bathroom/bedroom/????????? )

And the OB project with the Jaycar 12s is on hold for the same reasons

How are you faring Peter?? I am in the process of recovering from Shingles and the older I get the slower heal, as my Dad says ( and his 80th birthday party was last Saturday if I had known I was going to live this long I'd have taken better care of myself at 25.

Ted:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Getting older is no fun Ted. It was Indiana Jones who said "It's not the age, it's the mileage".... how true.

I have good days and bad days but it's surprising how you adapt. I was supposed to go under the knife this year for a double cervical fusion but my neuro surgeon doesn't think it's the best option as the deterioration seems to have stabilised. He may be right as for the first time in over 12 months I can actually click my thumb and middle finger on my right hand on most attempts. Maybe some nerves are remapping but I'll take all the little victories.

I try and focus on what I can do and ignore the rest. Sometimes I over do things by pursuing this hobby and do pay the price for a couple of days but hey, I'm not going to lay down and die yet. I still have 1 more speaker to build as I have a nice set of drivers left over..... S2905 tweeters and XG18WH mid woofers.... just trying to come up with something a bit wacko.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Nerve damage I understand, I was a chef for 32 years and on top of the arthritis and general wear and tear I have all these deep cuts that severed the nerves in my Left hand thumb so sometimes my grip is weak and I have no feeling along the top of my left thumb at all, but as my dear departed Irish granny used to say; any morning when you wake up and you're not dead is a good day.

Nerve remapping does take a long time, I want more research into nerve regeneration myself, my beloved wife has MS.

I learned to meditate a little to help with osteo pain and along with pain counsellors I now am free from the cocktail of Codeine and Valium, Keep hanging in; we need your expertise and advice.

I keep telling SWMBO that it is speakers or a new motor bike.

regards
Ted

I'm sorry to hear that your wife has MS and can sympathise with your problems. There are some cruel conditions around. I used to drop more than I hung onto but I worked it out and less of a problem now.

Mine is spinal cord compression from C5/C6 and C6/C7.... cervical spondylitis. I'm very lucky I have no pain as that went years ago... I think those nerves are cactus. I suffered from neck pain for years and I was diagnosed 10 years too late. All it took was an MRI. Have a look at the pretty pic.

I'll shout this advice to others or they too can end up with this bonus..... GET OFF THE COMPUTER AND STOP SOLDERING ALL THOSE PCB'S.... LOOK AFTER YOUR NECK AND BE AWARE OF ANY PAIN CHANGES AS IT COULD BE A SIGN.

Back on topic.... I buy, then explain.... "I told you about that days ago".

Attachments

• scompress.jpg
    scompress.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 166
diyAudio Member
Joined 2007
Thanx for sharing mate.

Pretty pictures, wanna see the shots of my back??

Motorcycles; specifically falling off moving motorcycles; but that is a self inflicted wound and no sympathy wanted nor needed.

Does a neck brace give any relief??

Yes; to the other advice, must find money to finish "Mancave" after bathroom kitchen ectectectectect

Put some pictures up and we'll have a real bone slide show.

Mine I'm sure is self inflicted or perhaps work related (still my fault for working in the past) and is one reason I spend less time on the computer and soldering PCBs.

Neck brace is counter productive apparently as can cause neck muscle loss. I used to wear one in situations where there was risk of impact as one good thump and I'm a brain in a bottle. Don't bother now as with the forces involved it wouldn't help anyway.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.