• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

TDA1541A S1(Crown) for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi hdmi,
You may get what you are asking for, but I agree with jean-paul that you are asking a lot.

Consider these are used chips. They may have been pulls from units in the trash, we just don't know. I have far better uses for $52 dollars, like a new BB DAC chip or the better part of a demo board.

If you can get it, they are obviously worth that much to the people buying these parts.

Hi QSerraTico_Tico,
What' s a fair price in your opinion Jean-Paul?
Do you support prices like these?

I'll let you know what my idea of fair might be. $5.00 each for used IC's that represent very old technology. This is possibly second generation stuff at best, maybe first generation chips. Can you imagine building that DAC from ECDesigns at these prices? :ill:

-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I think I have about 25 pieces new in original packaging. They are normal chips, not special types. Mind you, these were Mission stock ICs and are known to sound pretty good. They are in Philips blister packs.

No, I don't intend to sell them. I just don't think this chip is special. PCM56 DACs have a strong following too. They are still older technology.

-Chris

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
anatech said:
Do you support prices like these?

I'll let you know what my idea of fair might be. $5.00 each for used IC's that represent very old technology. This is possibly second generation stuff at best, maybe first generation chips. Can you imagine building that DAC from ECDesigns at these prices? :ill:

Firstly i don't know what these are worth. But Chris, some consider the TDA1541 double crown to be the best DAC chip (for 44/16) ever made. The single crown is one notch down. They are becoming rare so value is going up.

AMR spent at least 10s of thousands of dollars in research with the original designer so that they could make any 1541 work as well as a double crown.

I have my stash of single crowns, i'm hanging on to them too.

dave

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
QSerraTico_Tico said:

What' s a fair price in your opinion Jean-Paul?
:confused:

I am fully aware that I should not interfere with other people selling TDA chips as I sell them as well. It is not my business. But until recently I sold my brand new 1998 TDA1541A/N2 chips for 15 Euro a piece. Now I see used chips for 52 US $....

I sold them for 15 Euro a piece till I discovered they were sold by a guy (that bought them from me) for much more. I have lifted the price to 30 Euro a piece because of that. These sound very similar to 1997 S2 Taiwan chips. Alle Taiwan versions sound better than the European version, S1 included.

Search for "TDA1541A/N2" to find some comment on those chips.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.