• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

MANY & BIG & NEW High-power black anodized extruded aluminium HEATSINKS for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
MANY & BIG & NEW High-power black anodized extruded aluminium HEATSINKS for sale

Hello everybody:wave2: ,

As always being on the hunt :trapper: of not only suitable but also affordable (cheap if possible) parts for my future projects I came upon a source of some very nice surplus heatsinks .
They are NEW.

The dimensions each are (mm/inch):
height: 210mm/ 8.267" (along the fins)
length: 250mm/ 9.842"
base thickness: 8mm/ 0.315"
fins depth: 32mm/ 1.26"
overall depth (base + fins) therefore is: 40mm/ 1.575"
wide of the mounting flange: 63,5mm/2,500"
20 fins (mounting flange included)
weigth: approximately 2,5kg

I agreed already to buy 46!!! of them for me and a couple of friends.:bigeyes: :bigeyes:
At the moment there still stands an offer that I could buy the rest of the hole lot that are approximately additional 20 pieces but can`t say how much will be still left in a few days as apparently there are going some every day (buying all would mean receiving round about 200kg shipping of heatsinks :tons: :tons: :dead: ).

I don`t like to urge anybody :guilty: but after I`ve already received 4 samples (from which I took the pictures) the seller provided me in advance in order to check, please understand that I have to decide in the next few days how many of them I`d like to take in total finally.
Therefore, if somebody is interested, don`t hesitate and act quick and let me know soon by email or better post here how many of them You would like to order.
I´ll estimate how many more in addition (if any at all) to said 46 pieces (for my and my friends needs) I`m going to buy from the amount of requests I get here until Tuesday 29th April.

My asking price per piece is Euro 25 + ACTUAL shipping (netto weight per piece approximately 2,5kg). I´m sure normally they would retail for about or more than the double (check the regular retail prices of similar products and You`ll see).
Please note that I would sell them in PAIRS only.

By all means , although I do not expect international buyers due to the high shipping costs, I`d like to mention that I accept Paypal from international buyers - but please add 4,5% of the total for all the fees I have with this.
Estimated shipping weight for 4 well packed pieces will be around 13 to 15kg.

parcel ----------up to 5kg ---- 5-10kg ---- 10-20kg (in Euros):
Deutschland: -- -----6,70--------- 9,70 ------ 13,00
EU: ----------------16,50 ------- 20,50 ------ 28,50
rest Europe:-------- 25,00 ------- 35,00 ------ 45,00
World (USA, etc.):-- 29,00 ------- 39,00 ------ 59,00
rest World: -------- 35,00 ------- 50,00 ------ 80,00

One thing I have to mention!: each sink has in total 9 premanufactored through holes (3,5mm diameter) in the baseplate and 4 in the mounting flange (2mm diameter). The inner surface of the holes is black anodized also and therefore cosmetically almost not disturbing. The holes don`t have windings.

As You can see from the detail picture n°2 these are the type of rather rare (and usually much more expensive) versions where also the fins itself are additonally profiled for more surface area and still better heat transfer!! Also it has a mounting flange which is very handy mounting face- respectively backplates.

Unfortunately I do not know the brand of that heatsinks nor I have any datasheets but while comparing with size & datas from known brands, I figured the thermal resistance should be approximately 0,3K/W to 0,35K/W for similar sized types without profiled fins.
This type with the fins profiled should be even better than that.

The dimensions are perfectly suited to make big enclosures with good proportions and enough depth and height to accommodate many really big electrolytic caps and transformers as needed for instance for "high-heat" Pass Amp. designs.
Many of the readily avaible heatsink sizes either do not have enough height to accommodate big/high caps or/and even with multiples combined, do not have enough depth (or are too deep then) to accommodate all the other stuff that has to fit in.
Four of them (two on the left, two on the right side, mounting flanges directed to the front- respectively backside)as shown on picture n°3 would be an excellent basis for an amp. enclosure with a depth of (>) 500mm and a height of (>)210mm (yes, rather big but unless Gainclone fans, we all love big amps - don`t we ;) ).

The heatsink samples I got are in very good condition and I have the word from the provider (from I purchased quite some stuff before and which I call very reliably) that all the others look the same and that I`ll get them extremely well packed but though I can´t completely exclude, that some of them might have minor cosmetic restrictions :)magnify: small scratches of the anodized surface, no dents or damaged fins) due to storage and transportation (You guys sure know how incredible sensible this anodized heatsink stuff is in that regard).
SHOULD there be any small differences in the cosmetic conditions, I`ll insure that the ones who ordered AND payed first not only will be served first but also will get the "best" pieces. I thinks that`s only fair.

For those who come in later: nobody is obligated to buy sinks with anything more that some very normal (minor) cosmetic issues (IMO quite "normal" even when ordered new and regularly) or amounts less than ordered. However, when this will happen in some cases, we could work this out individually on a case by case basis with some appropriate reduction in price eventually, after I have the sinks here and after I have checked them individually.

Well.... let`s go..................

here comes picture n°1:

Attachments

• 3xsinks.jpg
    3xsinks.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 2,296
picture n°3 (4 sinks per enclosure):
for height 210mm, depth: 500mm
This arrangement should give You at least a total thermal resistance of 0,08K/W and should be able to burn about 300W with an increase of only 24°C over ambient temperature without any forced convection. When using fans the power dissipation might be multiplied by a reasonable estimated factor 2 to 4 depending of the amount and arrangement of fans.
Everything only roughly estimated, of course exact calculations are required by the user finally!

Attachments

• 4sinks_per_enclosure.jpg
    4sinks_per_enclosure.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 2,168
and finally picture n°4(8 sinks per enclosure):
You could also arrange them this way (only one side shown as I have only 4 pieces currently):
Heatsinks inside the enclosure (maybe with fans blowing from underneath or sucking from top through fins).
4 sinks on each side.

Alternatively You could also double the arrangement from picture n°3 by putting two of those on top of each other.

A possible solution for example for a Pass XA-200 monoblock or a X-350 stereo clone methinks.
Anyway a very nice room heater!

Attachments

• 8sinks_per_enclosure.jpg
    8sinks_per_enclosure.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 2,046
Hi again,

since there is not so much time left for catching Your attention -
this is just for pushing under the top 20 again:smash:

From the feedback I got it seems I might have expressed myself somewhat misunderstandable in the first post.
I don`t necessarily need the payment until or on Tuesday 29th April .
Tuesday is just the day when I have to place my final order regarding the total quantity, hence until I have to know from You how many of the heatsinks I still have to order in addition to the 46 pieces that are already fixed reserved for me.
There is enough time to finalize the deal after I got them at home and after I have checked them.

As surprisingly I have request from outside Germany also and because I forgot to mention: I`d like to receive Paypal payments in Euros only please (EVERY Paypal member can send payments in Euros as well).

Thanks for Your attention;)

Now, last chance to get some

Countdown runs - in a few hours I`m going to send off my final order confirmation.
I have sold more than the half of the heatsinks which were avaible in addition to mine and so I could still offer 10 pieces.
So if somebody still want to join in.......let me know.....soooooon.

Wonna see some heatsinks?

I`ve got some 60 heatsinks today:)
Puhhh...guess I carried a ton of mass today:dead: :dead:

To the largest extend they are in the good shape as promised - only very few have some "more serious" cosmetic issues. I`ll keep those for me as I´ll go for a heatsink/enclosure arrangement as per picture n°4 of this thread and therefore cosmetics rather do not matter.

I`ve sold all 20 pieces that were avaiable additionally!
Thanks guys for Your confidence in me :up: - I hope You`ll be all pleased with Your pieces!

Sorry for the really bad picture but I was somewhat in hurry (had them all to off my brothers workshop again).

Attachments

• heatsinks60x.jpg
    heatsinks60x.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 1,601
I just got a large, 19 Kg. heavy box of heatsinks in the mail. All the way from Germany!!! :nod:

I bourght six of these heatsinks, and they arrived in a well packed case and all in exelent condition. They shure look as good as promised. Finaly, I can build the cabinets of my dreams (see drawing) for my mini-A's.

I just want to say thanks to you, Cocolino. It have been great doing business with you. Also, thanks for the pleasent e-mail conversation in the meantime.

We'll talk in the mail when... (you know what ;) )

Attachments

• mini-a.jpg
    mini-a.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 1,452
I have just received 2 large packets with a total of 10 heatsinks from cocolino......

I must admitt........ I almost started to cry .:bawling: of joy when unpacking these lovely beasts!!!!

Who else than DIY-fanatics can understand the joy of owning 25 kg. of black aluminium.......????

To cocolino:
Thanks for a great deal, exelent comunication and your patience (you know what I mean), and please inform me right away next time you have the possibility the make a great deal on heatsinks or other electronics.

Thanks again.

I`m really glad that You guys are soooo satiesfied with Your heatsinks (as am I with mine) and wish You all the best with Your projects - hopefully we can see one or another result here on the forum!!:) :)

Also thanks for the very easy as well very pleasant going deals with You and again, thanks for Your confidence in me!

I still get requests for the heatsinks once in a while. Unfortunately (for those who still would want some) I have sold all pieces that were bought in addition to my or my friends needs.

However, even after partly given them away to friends I still have stocked a nice bunch but believe I may need all of them for my own future projects.
Possibly I have even too many of them but can`t say this exactly at the moment.
When this turns out to be true actually, I`ll offer the remaining again but very likely this will take quite some time until this decision can be made.

BTW: as I had no data of this heatsinks my initial estimation of about 0,3K/W seem to have been right on the mark: Thomas made some measurements already and he said he burned 95W on one of the sinks and got a temperature increase of only 33°C. That`s pretty :cool: ;)

Delivery

Heatsinks arrived !!!

Today the postman delivered a package with heatsinks at my house. He wasn't to happy because of the heavy load ....... but i am :cool:
The heatsinks were very well packed and arrived in excellent condition. I think i can dissipate some Watts in these beauties.......... :hot:

Christoph thank you very much, i think we will do business again.

Best to you all
Piersma

I`m selling more heatsinks

Hello again folks,

as things look like I`ll emigrate to Spain (will still take a while until that but I`m preparing things yet).
As I can`t take all of my stuff with me I have to part with a lot of things.
Therefore I`m offering some of those heatsinks again (have also sold some recently).

I`m offering 6 pieces.
Please note that the ones I`m offering this time have some cosmetical defects.
I`ll describe them as good as I can:

On each side of the heatsinks there is a protruding part of the fins (they`re a tiny bit longer than the other fins). This part look like two rows of fins (on each side), actually it is one fin respectively which "forks" in the middle (see also the picture at the beginning of this thread post#2).
All of the heatsinks I`m offering now have quite some scratches on this two parts of the heatsink.
To illustrate this I made a picture (see attached photo, if You want higher resolution pics email me).

On one of the sinks this fin is also bent at a length of about 5cm at one side (see photo in next post).
Yet another heatsink has also a bent part, but only very slightly and only 1cm long.

If You want to have them perfect looking a cheap and easy solution could be to (cosmetically) cover each of the two relevant rows per heatsink with a thin and narrow strip aperture piece made from black anodized alu or a stripe of black plastic.

As this heatsinks are in not so good cosmetic condition as the previous ones I reduce the price from Euro 25/piece to Euro 20/piece for the 4 pieces with scratches and to 17.50/piece for the two which have a bent fin.

Please note that I´m selling them only in pairs.

Attachments

• heatsink_scratches.jpg
    heatsink_scratches.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 564
I`m actually preparing things for moving.
I decided that I have to drop some projects, in particular that stuff that produce much heat. Unfortunately this is the last thing I could use in south of Spain (somebody who want to change heatsinks for a good aircondition? ;) )

So here they go my last 12 pcs.:bawling:
Also I`m lowering the price to Euro 20 each.
The heatsinks are all well cared for (as You can imagine) and in very good condition, only one has a small area where the ends of the fins are slightly "ironed".
I`m selling them in pairs or multiples of pairs only.
Drop me an email when You want some.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.