MANY & BIG & NEW High-power black anodized extruded aluminium HEATSINKS for sale - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th April 2003, 09:54 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default MANY & BIG & NEW High-power black anodized extruded aluminium HEATSINKS for sale

Hello everybody ,

As always being on the hunt of not only suitable but also affordable (cheap if possible) parts for my future projects I came upon a source of some very nice surplus heatsinks .
They are NEW.

The dimensions each are (mm/inch):
height: 210mm/ 8.267" (along the fins)
length: 250mm/ 9.842"
base thickness: 8mm/ 0.315"
fins depth: 32mm/ 1.26"
overall depth (base + fins) therefore is: 40mm/ 1.575"
wide of the mounting flange: 63,5mm/2,500"
20 fins (mounting flange included)
weigth: approximately 2,5kg

I agreed already to buy 46!!! of them for me and a couple of friends.
At the moment there still stands an offer that I could buy the rest of the hole lot that are approximately additional 20 pieces but can`t say how much will be still left in a few days as apparently there are going some every day (buying all would mean receiving round about 200kg shipping of heatsinks ).

I don`t like to urge anybody but after I`ve already received 4 samples (from which I took the pictures) the seller provided me in advance in order to check, please understand that I have to decide in the next few days how many of them I`d like to take in total finally.
Therefore, if somebody is interested, don`t hesitate and act quick and let me know soon by email or better post here how many of them You would like to order.
Ill estimate how many more in addition (if any at all) to said 46 pieces (for my and my friends needs) I`m going to buy from the amount of requests I get here until Tuesday 29th April.

My asking price per piece is Euro 25 + ACTUAL shipping (netto weight per piece approximately 2,5kg). Im sure normally they would retail for about or more than the double (check the regular retail prices of similar products and You`ll see).
Please note that I would sell them in PAIRS only.

By all means , although I do not expect international buyers due to the high shipping costs, I`d like to mention that I accept Paypal from international buyers - but please add 4,5% of the total for all the fees I have with this.
Estimated shipping weight for 4 well packed pieces will be around 13 to 15kg.

parcel ----------up to 5kg ---- 5-10kg ---- 10-20kg (in Euros):
Deutschland: -- -----6,70--------- 9,70 ------ 13,00
EU: ----------------16,50 ------- 20,50 ------ 28,50
rest Europe:-------- 25,00 ------- 35,00 ------ 45,00
World (USA, etc.):-- 29,00 ------- 39,00 ------ 59,00
rest World: -------- 35,00 ------- 50,00 ------ 80,00

One thing I have to mention!: each sink has in total 9 premanufactored through holes (3,5mm diameter) in the baseplate and 4 in the mounting flange (2mm diameter). The inner surface of the holes is black anodized also and therefore cosmetically almost not disturbing. The holes don`t have windings.

As You can see from the detail picture n2 these are the type of rather rare (and usually much more expensive) versions where also the fins itself are additonally profiled for more surface area and still better heat transfer!! Also it has a mounting flange which is very handy mounting face- respectively backplates.

Unfortunately I do not know the brand of that heatsinks nor I have any datasheets but while comparing with size & datas from known brands, I figured the thermal resistance should be approximately 0,3K/W to 0,35K/W for similar sized types without profiled fins.
This type with the fins profiled should be even better than that.

The dimensions are perfectly suited to make big enclosures with good proportions and enough depth and height to accommodate many really big electrolytic caps and transformers as needed for instance for "high-heat" Pass Amp. designs.
Many of the readily avaible heatsink sizes either do not have enough height to accommodate big/high caps or/and even with multiples combined, do not have enough depth (or are too deep then) to accommodate all the other stuff that has to fit in.
Four of them (two on the left, two on the right side, mounting flanges directed to the front- respectively backside)as shown on picture n3 would be an excellent basis for an amp. enclosure with a depth of (>) 500mm and a height of (>)210mm (yes, rather big but unless Gainclone fans, we all love big amps - don`t we ).

The heatsink samples I got are in very good condition and I have the word from the provider (from I purchased quite some stuff before and which I call very reliably) that all the others look the same and that I`ll get them extremely well packed but though I cant completely exclude, that some of them might have minor cosmetic restrictions ( small scratches of the anodized surface, no dents or damaged fins) due to storage and transportation (You guys sure know how incredible sensible this anodized heatsink stuff is in that regard).
SHOULD there be any small differences in the cosmetic conditions, I`ll insure that the ones who ordered AND payed first not only will be served first but also will get the "best" pieces. I thinks that`s only fair.

For those who come in later: nobody is obligated to buy sinks with anything more that some very normal (minor) cosmetic issues (IMO quite "normal" even when ordered new and regularly) or amounts less than ordered. However, when this will happen in some cases, we could work this out individually on a case by case basis with some appropriate reduction in price eventually, after I have the sinks here and after I have checked them individually.

Well.... let`s go..................

here comes picture n1:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3xsinks.jpg (21.7 KB, 2272 views)
Old 25th April 2003, 09:55 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

picture n2
heatsink detail of profiled fins
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sinkdetail.jpg (29.8 KB, 2082 views)
Old 25th April 2003, 09:58 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

picture n3 (4 sinks per enclosure):
for height 210mm, depth: 500mm
This arrangement should give You at least a total thermal resistance of 0,08K/W and should be able to burn about 300W with an increase of only 24C over ambient temperature without any forced convection. When using fans the power dissipation might be multiplied by a reasonable estimated factor 2 to 4 depending of the amount and arrangement of fans.
Everything only roughly estimated, of course exact calculations are required by the user finally!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4sinks_per_enclosure.jpg (60.4 KB, 2147 views)
Old 25th April 2003, 10:01 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

and finally picture n4(8 sinks per enclosure):
You could also arrange them this way (only one side shown as I have only 4 pieces currently):
Heatsinks inside the enclosure (maybe with fans blowing from underneath or sucking from top through fins).
4 sinks on each side.

Alternatively You could also double the arrangement from picture n3 by putting two of those on top of each other.

A possible solution for example for a Pass XA-200 monoblock or a X-350 stereo clone methinks.
Anyway a very nice room heater!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8sinks_per_enclosure.jpg (52.4 KB, 2021 views)
Old 26th April 2003, 11:07 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Hi again,

since there is not so much time left for catching Your attention -
this is just for pushing under the top 20 again

From the feedback I got it seems I might have expressed myself somewhat misunderstandable in the first post.
I don`t necessarily need the payment until or on Tuesday 29th April .
Tuesday is just the day when I have to place my final order regarding the total quantity, hence until I have to know from You how many of the heatsinks I still have to order in addition to the 46 pieces that are already fixed reserved for me.
There is enough time to finalize the deal after I got them at home and after I have checked them.

As surprisingly I have request from outside Germany also and because I forgot to mention: I`d like to receive Paypal payments in Euros only please (EVERY Paypal member can send payments in Euros as well).

Thanks for Your attention
Old 29th April 2003, 07:50 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default Now, last chance to get some

Countdown runs - in a few hours I`m going to send off my final order confirmation.
I have sold more than the half of the heatsinks which were avaible in addition to mine and so I could still offer 10 pieces.
So if somebody still want to join in.......let me know.....soooooon.
Old 9th May 2003, 09:18 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Talking Wonna see some heatsinks?

I`ve got some 60 heatsinks today
Puhhh...guess I carried a ton of mass today

To the largest extend they are in the good shape as promised - only very few have some "more serious" cosmetic issues. I`ll keep those for me as Ill go for a heatsink/enclosure arrangement as per picture n4 of this thread and therefore cosmetics rather do not matter.

I`ve sold all 20 pieces that were avaiable additionally!
Thanks guys for Your confidence in me - I hope You`ll be all pleased with Your pieces!

Sorry for the really bad picture but I was somewhat in hurry (had them all to off my brothers workshop again).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg heatsinks60x.jpg (36.6 KB, 1572 views)
Old 27th May 2003, 01:02 AM   #8
Thomas is offline Thomas  Denmark
diyAudio Member

I just got a large, 19 Kg. heavy box of heatsinks in the mail. All the way from Germany!!!

I bourght six of these heatsinks, and they arrived in a well packed case and all in exelent condition. They shure look as good as promised. Finaly, I can build the cabinets of my dreams (see drawing) for my mini-A's.

I just want to say thanks to you, Cocolino. It have been great doing business with you. Also, thanks for the pleasent e-mail conversation in the meantime.

We'll talk in the mail when... (you know what )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mini-a.jpg (51.8 KB, 1433 views)
Old 27th May 2003, 01:11 AM   #9
Thomas is offline Thomas  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Thomas
Finaly, I can build the cabinets of my dreams
In case anybody wondered: Yes, It IS an actual and authentic rendering of my dream!
Old 28th May 2003, 08:29 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Jan Dupont
I have just received 2 large packets with a total of 10 heatsinks from cocolino......

I must admitt........ I almost started to cry . of joy when unpacking these lovely beasts!!!!

Who else than DIY-fanatics can understand the joy of owning 25 kg. of black aluminium.......????

To cocolino:
Thanks for a great deal, exelent comunication and your patience (you know what I mean), and please inform me right away next time you have the possibility the make a great deal on heatsinks or other electronics.

Thanks again.

Hide this!Advertise here!