FS: SuperReg, Kwak clock, noise shunts - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th April 2009, 05:09 PM   #1
cuibono is offline cuibono  United States
diyAudio Member

Default FS: SuperReg, Kwak clock, noise shunts

I'm cleaning out some of my drawers, and thought someone else might be interested in some of this stuff. I have 4 'super regulators', for use in building very low noise power supplies, based on the ALWSR design (Andy L Weekes Super-Regulator), 3 Kwak Clocks (designed by Elso Kwak), used to get more precise clocking in digital equipment (esp. CD players), and 5 little 'noise shunts', also used to reduce noise in power supplies. I built all these from scratch, and have used most of them, but I have to warn, they will all take some amount of know how to implement them - they are not 'plug and play'. Here is a little more info:
Old 25th April 2009, 05:18 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Here are the power supply regulators, based on the ALWSR. I have four built - two that work with +5V supplies, and one each for a positive and negative supplies of over +/- 5V. On this page you can find the manual for these, which explains why there are different boards for different voltages. This manual is also necessary for installing them. Remember that this is not a beginner project, and modifying something with these will take some work and know how - so please don't hold me responsible if you can't! I'd like $35 for each, or $100 for all four.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg regs2.jpg (80.8 KB, 413 views)
Old 25th April 2009, 05:21 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Another pic - not exactly pretty, I know. I will supply the Eagle files for these to whoever buys them, which will be helpful in figuring out what I've done here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg regs1.jpg (77.2 KB, 382 views)
Old 25th April 2009, 05:27 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Here is one of three Kwak Clocks up for sale (the other two are still in my computer). Similar story as above - these take some know how to install, and I'll supply the manual and Eagle files for them to help you out. Expect to need an analog scope to get them running well - there is a trimmer that needs to be adjusted, and you need a scope to see what's going on. And don't forget you use the crystal from your device in the Kwak Clock - the one in the picture doesn't come with it. $50 each.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xo.jpg (95.5 KB, 402 views)
Old 25th April 2009, 05:34 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Here are the noise shunts - I built these based on this article, but never used them - so these are still experimental. I talked with two people who are 'experts', and one said they worked and the other said they didn't. I didn't pursue it farther, so I expect someone will buy these just out of curiosity. There is a related thread here. If they work, they would be pretty handy. I'll sell them all for $10 plus shipping, including the Eagle files.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg smallregs.jpg (71.7 KB, 375 views)
Old 6th December 2010, 11:00 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

I still have the super regulators and Kwak clocks available. Email me for quickest responses - peglegpatrick aaatttt gmail dot commm.
Old 8th December 2010, 12:13 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Everything in this thread is SOLD! Thanks!

Hide this!Advertise here!