FS: (20) 6" Drivers, Line array use, $95US - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th April 2009, 09:24 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default FS: (20) 6" Drivers, Line array use, $95US

Im thinking I want to go back to point source loudspeakers to safe some space (college student). These were used in an open baffle line array and recieved on the order of 1-2 watts a piece at maximum.

I have the full specidications burried somewhere on my computer. But the published specifications were something like:

"Acoustic Research" brand
QTS: 0.7
FS: 40hz
Xmax: 6mm (a bit optimistic I think)
SPL: 85db
Outer diameter: 6 5/8
Z: 8 ohms

When I started using them I noticed the foam surrounds were very brittle. I added a bead of PVA glue around the surround so it wouldn't come off the frame, and two medium coats of "Modgepodge" on the cones and surrounds to protect them. I originally had 24 of them, but I was only able to save 20.

These have great extention down to about 50-60hz open baffle, with usable output down lower. I would reccomend crossoing them over with a tweeter array around 3khz or lower and highpassing them around 80hz with a dedicated substage if you want to approach live levels open baffle.

Asking $95 USD plus shipping OBO for all twenty. Using something like the ApexJr. tweeter at 50 cents each would yeild a very affortable line array. Pictures will be posted shortly.
Old 8th April 2009, 02:59 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Here are the full specifications, just found them:

Specifications: *Power handling: 50 watts RMS/75 watts max *VCdia: 1" *Le: .77 mH *Impedance: 8 ohms *Re: 7.5 ohms *Frequency range: 40-4,500 Hz *Fs: 40 Hz *SPL: 85 dB 1W/1m *Vas: 1.57 cu. ft. *Qms: 5.07 *Qes: 1.41 *Qts: 1.10 *Xmax: 6.5 mm *Dimensions: Overall diameter: 6-5/8", Cutout diameter: 5-1/2", Mounting depth: 3-7/8".

Still trying to get pictures to cooperate. Will get those soon! (sooner if I have interest )
Old 9th April 2009, 11:34 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Got some pictures off my phone finally. Keep in mind that there are only 20 available. The other four are still mounted on the line arrays in the pictures. I have since thrown them out and was going to condense the line arrays to 5.5-6 feet tall (And less wide) but I decided against it.

Click the image to open in full size.

I paid 8 each, so for 20 thats US $160 plus the shipping. Taking a loss!
Old 14th April 2009, 01:24 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Need to sale these soon.

Hide this!Advertise here!