• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: (20) 6" Drivers, Line array use, $95US

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im thinking I want to go back to point source loudspeakers to safe some space (college student). These were used in an open baffle line array and recieved on the order of 1-2 watts a piece at maximum.

I have the full specidications burried somewhere on my computer. But the published specifications were something like:

"Acoustic Research" brand
QTS: 0.7
FS: 40hz
Xmax: 6mm (a bit optimistic I think)
SPL: 85db
Outer diameter: 6 5/8
Z: 8 ohms

When I started using them I noticed the foam surrounds were very brittle. I added a bead of PVA glue around the surround so it wouldn't come off the frame, and two medium coats of "Modgepodge" on the cones and surrounds to protect them. I originally had 24 of them, but I was only able to save 20.

These have great extention down to about 50-60hz open baffle, with usable output down lower. I would reccomend crossoing them over with a tweeter array around 3khz or lower and highpassing them around 80hz with a dedicated substage if you want to approach live levels open baffle.

Asking $95 USD plus shipping OBO for all twenty. Using something like the ApexJr. tweeter at 50 cents each would yeild a very affortable line array. Pictures will be posted shortly.

Here are the full specifications, just found them:

Specifications: *Power handling: 50 watts RMS/75 watts max *VCdia: 1" *Le: .77 mH *Impedance: 8 ohms *Re: 7.5 ohms *Frequency range: 40-4,500 Hz *Fs: 40 Hz *SPL: 85 dB 1W/1m *Vas: 1.57 cu. ft. *Qms: 5.07 *Qes: 1.41 *Qts: 1.10 *Xmax: 6.5 mm *Dimensions: Overall diameter: 6-5/8", Cutout diameter: 5-1/2", Mounting depth: 3-7/8".

Still trying to get pictures to cooperate. Will get those soon! (sooner if I have interest :D )

Got some pictures off my phone finally. Keep in mind that there are only 20 available. The other four are still mounted on the line arrays in the pictures. I have since thrown them out and was going to condense the line arrays to 5.5-6 feet tall (And less wide) but I decided against it.

0118090058b.jpg

0118090100a.jpg

0118092305.jpg

0903081011a.jpg

0903081342.jpg

I paid 8 each, so for 20 thats US $160 plus the shipping. Taking a loss!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.