• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Peerless CT-62 cone tweeters wanted

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Peerless cone tweeters..

It depends on how much you now ask for your nice Matsu tweeters.. I have "12" Sonab speakers, in need of replacement tweeters.

Do I regret that I missed the recent deal on Parts Express, lately, at 0.97 each! for Peerless tweeters, yes, I know, they were copies, made in India.. but ..

Sylvain

Hi Sylvain, that's interesting they came from a nightclub originally (probably being used as room fill). I would imagine you bought those for next to nothing considering their operational condition. I do still have pairs of the Matsu tweeters (see my ad on this website or Classic Speakers). What I would do if I were in your situation is to sell off half the as-is SONAB pairs I had and use the proceeds to purchase replacement tweeters to get the other pairs fully operational.

You're probably familiar with Carlsson Planet? That website is dedicated to SONAB loudspeakers. They now apparently have a long awaited replacement cone tweeter developed, available at around US$86/pr. Of course, this option would get pricey quickly considering the number of SONAB pairs you have each requiring several sets of tweeters.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.