• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Minnesota area Swapmeet Sat mar 28th

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
for anyone in MN there is the one the only electronics hamfest swapmeet this coming weekend Saturday March 28th in Buffalo MN.

The big hamfest died in 2006 and this is the only one left of any real size!

info here:
http://www.k0ltc.org/

Swap tables are just $20 bring out all that stuff that's collecting dust! it will be gold for someone!

Buffalo is about 30 miles west on Hwy 55 from the metro area. doors open at 8am, get there EARLY for the best deals!!!

I will have a couple of tables LOADED with audio stuff!

mobyd said:
Hmmm - $15 for electricity to a table at a swapmeet. Do they get lots of people flogging off big argon lasers or second hand cyclotrons there ?. :)

The building this is in doesn't have much in the way of power. they need to drag out extension cords etc and i think they keep the price high to limit it just to the people that really have need for it.

YES, get there early. I get a sellers table just so i can get in and buy before the doors open :) and to sell off some of the truckloads of misc crap i seem to collect and cant throw away! there is always some cool widget at these things i end up dragging home i just couldn't live without hahahah! and always cool audio stuff at this sale!

I missed a 4' tall STACK of Dynaco tube amps, and preamps for $100 one year, but managed to buy a hageman tube pre and a Pioneer Spec 4 and a BUNCH of other stuff for dirt cheap.

Did anybody buy anything fun? I spent $12 and brought home 90lbs of stuff. I bought a couple of big Nichicon caps for a DC-blocker, a pair of Realistic speakers (minimus 8's) that contain Fostex FE-103 variants, and I got a free Tektronix 585A oscilloscope. Unfortunately, this was the model with 30 or so 6dj8's, which, of course, had been liberated. I was hoping to try and fire it up! Now I do have a giant power transformer though . . . I kept circling a pair of JBL LE8H-2 8" fullrange drivers. The guy wanted $75 for them with a pair of LE20 tweeters that had an omni-directional phase guide. They were re-cones. I had to wait until someone else bought 'em. The St. Cloud Ham Fest was bigger, but all-in-all, a fun little show.

pj
www.wildburroaudio.com

pjanda1 - I didn't see you there???

I was VERY disappointed with the turnout. not as many vendors and not nearly the deals from previous years. I did about 1/4 of the sales i normally do which i pretty much expected with this economy....

I didn't have a helper this year so i couldn't get out of my booth much to scoop deals. I did pick up a 20 watt Bogen tube amp that Harmonica players seem to love. so that will be a small project. and i bought a couple of 6SN7's for a fair price to play with.

This WAS the only big swap meet left after the close of the St. Paul hamfest in 2006. there is the Twinslan swap meet Saturday, June 6, 2009 7 AM to 1 PM at the 3M CENTER in Maplewood.
http://www.twinslan.org/tailgate.html

Twinslan is an outdoor meet in the 3M parking lot. its small, mostly antique radio type stuff but every year i have gone i have scored some audio deal or another. Crown 800 reel to reel for $20 one year, ESS AMT1B speakers another year. etc.

and apparently there is a Brainerd and st. cloud swap meet but i don't have any info on those. and i know some guys have been trying to get a Becker pro audio meet going at the Salida Depot.

There is also a Antique Radio swap meet that coincides with the Pavek Museum Garage sale which i think is in June. Last year it was on the same day as the twinslan meet.

If there are other meets i am unaware of, please let me know!

I wondered if you recognized me . . . I've lost a good chunk of weight and shaved off my goat since you last saw me. I forget that I look different. I asked about the Bogen and oogled the Circlotron and tube tester. The guy who I got the big ol' Tek Scope from claimed to have two more. If I only had his#, then I could use the transformers and sockets to build my own OTL. Whoever removed all the 6922's left the 12b4's. I don't think my wife would be impressed with another oscilloscope carcass. . .

pj

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.