• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Monica 3 USB Dac with all the upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the latest Monica dac with all the upgrades. The bypass caps are on the dac chip which smoothes out and extends the highs. Under the board are the Toshiba 2SK170 low noise audio grade JFET transistor. These really woke up Monica. Actually more than I was suspecting. More refined and dynamic.

The unit has about 100 hours on it. I was going to build a cool little system for a friend and it stalled out (he ran out of funds) so I no longer have use for this dac.

Being a NOS dac its quite musical and smooth. No clipping issues as some of the newer dac's being discussed here have. There's a lot of versatility with power supplies either 12V or 18V or both which allows great ps separation.

I have around $275 into it. I'll take $200 plus shipping. Priority mail shouldn't be more than $6. If you want to use Paypal please add 3.4% to cover fees.

Attachments

• m-top.jpg
    m-top.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 395
Status
Not open for further replies.