• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

My 6AV5GA SET Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It was a fun project but.. simple problem. It just isn't loud enough for my 88dB dorm speakers. Other than that, it's completely hum and buzz free. On my 98dB speakers at home, I couldn't even tell the thing was on. Black background.

I designed and built this in my workshop in Boston. I've built a few amps before and all have been well received. Point to point wiring, teflon jacket interconnects, good grounding techniques.

More importantly, the sound is pretty sweet! Surprising amounts of bass from the very derated Edcor output transformers. Smooth treble. Coupled with some nice, efficient speakers, this amp will definitely not disappoint.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Asking $400. Located in Ithaca, New York but willing to consider shipping.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.