• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: One set of F1 clone amp boards (2 channels)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They are new & have never been out of their plastic wrap. You can see them in use in my F1/F2 build thread and read more about them.

These are suds' earlier PCBs (suds now offers modified ones that NP appears to have no objection to (earlier, IP compliance was suspect)). As I've got more amps than I can use its clear I won't be using these. They are very nice proofed boards & I'll send the BoM I used to the buyer.

Offering to US only (others can go direct w/suds) at $30/pair + $9 USPS Priority w/delivery conf. So that's $39 USD Verfied/Confirmed (non-CC) instant Paypal payment only. I'll cover the PP fee. To PP confirmed address only. Price is firm.

This is below my cost for them but they want to be heard, not stored:) Again, you will need to source the standard PS (board or PTP).

I have a question about the BOM. Can I get a "ballpark figure" what it would cost to populate this pair of boards. Not knowing a lot about the F1 and First Watt family, I have to ask; are both boards needed for a single amp? I'm only asking to see if it would be worth taking on this project. I would need to buy all the components, as I have no stock of my own. I would try to source as much as possible from places such as Parts Express, to give an idea of where "I like to shop."
Thanks.
Mike

Here's a shot of my personal F1 BoM w/prices... All from about 7/2008.
You can see I'm a scavenger:) Everything worked/works great for me (incl the 10kUF caps) though usual YMMV caveats apply:
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

HiFiMakers more recent offering has good info incl his BoM (but he seems to have gone "dark" - hopefully he's o.k. & maybe just coping w/the logistics of his F1 GB?)

Edit: Yes you need 2 channel PCBs (plus 1 PS PCB) to have stereo amp & this post is the 2 channel PCBs for $39 shipped. There are other sources around here for the required PS PCB - Think at least F1 -> F3 have same PS requirements (perhaps others - poke around these forums for info about that).

mikje said:
So, if I understand correctly, one could build this set-up complete for approximately $300 or so, if all components had to be purchased.

Using cost-cutting compromises I was able to do so:
  • Using ebay/surplus 10kUF PS caps instead of recommended 15kUF ones
  • using least-expensive PS toroid that met spec'd reqs
  • making case from raw surplus alum plate + surplus heatsink
  • some elec comps were lower-cost alternatives (e.g. there are better resistors than I used)
  • some of the common/cheaper parts I had on hand (see "have" in my BoM)
  • my BoM lacks speaker binding posts, wires & maybe a couple other bits (screws, things I'm forgetting, etc.)

Think $400-$500 USD is the commonly mentioned min cost of a build. And that's if you know what are doing and everything goes according to plan;)

Best if you take some time & surf around these forums for more info.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.