• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Tektronix 465 and 465B scope (sold together or separate)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I recently purchased a lot of [3] Tek scopes, one of which I'm keeping to use and the other two I'm selling. I'm willing to sell them together or separately, makes little to no difference to me. I have some knowledge of both, but please understand that both are sold "AS-IS" and I can't offer any guarantee about their performance. Neither scope comes with anything other than the unit itself and the power cord (both are attached). I do have electronic copies of manuals for both scopes that can be provided.

I have tested both with the stock calibration waveforms on both channels and they appear to be working well. At this time I have no other way of testing them. The person that I bought them from had previously used the 465 and seemed to think it was in fine shape. He had purchased the 465B for parts and never even turned it on. Aesthetically both are in pretty good shape as well, the 465 is the better of the two with all knobs and even the original feet still in place. Here are a couple of pictures of it.

Overall (w/ 300mV test signal)
109340074.jpg

Front (again, with test signal displayed)
109340078.jpg

The 465B is missing one knob cover on the front (the CH1 Volts/DIV) but it is still able to be adjusted fine. The feet on the back have been replaced with aftermarket units that function but don't facilitate wrapping the cord as well as the originals. Here are a few pictures.

Overall (w/ test signal)
109339872.jpg

Front (w/ test signal)
109339875.jpg

Back (w/ replacement feet)
109339877.jpg

I've done what I can to research fair prices for both of these and know what I paid for them. That said I'm will to entertain offers that are reasonable but please don't expect me to give them away. Shipping will be expensive (figure $50 or more) but I will have each professionally packed to ensure safe transit.

The asking price for the 465 is $125 plus shipping and any fees.

The asking price for the 465B is $100 plus shipping and any fees.

I believe that both represent less than what you'd pay on Ebay for similar units in this type of condition that are not dead, damaged or completely untested. Local pickup or delivery is certainly an option. I'm located in the far southeast corner of NH and am will to discuss delivery w/ serious buyers.

Please feel free to ask any questions via email and thanks for looking.

Nate

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.