• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

1kVA Isolation Transformer Beautiful

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Check this out on EBAY!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330308625202
This deal is FANTASTIC.
Its a 120VAC to 115VAC toroid. Beautiful from the pics. Amperage is 8.25 and VA is 948.75 - his words.
Really? Could you ask for a better Isolation Transformer!
He wants $20 each and about 15 shipping in the US. Transformers like this at ANTEK sell for over $100.
Bump this article if you read it since no one is going to respond to this post so it doesnt get lost while his supplies last!!
Uriah

http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/smpsfaq.htm#smpsihw
Great page to start with. Read about Isolation Transformers. If you are using this for your amp then I think you will get by with one of these because the isolating will happen between this transformer and your amps power supply transformer. But I dont think you would want to take just one of these and feed your TV with it. I think you would buy two and put them back to back THEN feed your TV or anything else with it for that matter.
Uriah

aznshadoboy77 said:
Sorry, new at transformers.

Could you wire the primaries in series so that there's 60 VAC across each pair of primaries (tie white and gray together) and 57.5 across the output?

Then from that wire use center tap to do 28-0-28 VAC?

Thank!
Justin

I have no idea. Sorry. :) Not a transformer expert just noticed this very good deal and thought you all might want to see it.
Uriah

cool I just bought one .... not sure what i'll use it for but I got one :) .... I am in the parts collecting phase on the hobby :) ... would you use this on an amp build? would it really serve a purpose ? and that and two trafos in the same case... it would be a huge (and heavy) case.

Right. Thats why I suggested buying two and putting them back to back. This will give you the isolation you need. I am going to give this
http://www.lampizator.eu/AC FILTER/SILK/FILTER.HTML
a go and see if I can get rid of some noise I have on my AC lines. If it doesnt do the trick I will buy one of these transformers and put it in back of said circuit and see if that does it. If not I will, phew, get one more and do the back to back deal.

Hey guys,

I've got a few 1.5kVA E type Isolation transformers available. I don't have a set price, but I am willing to trade or review any reasonable offers.

If someone out there is knowledgeable enough to put together a rock solid power conditioner schematic, perhaps we could trade knowledge for Iron/copper.

Ryan,

As I mentioned above, I got a powervar silly cheap. I could take a look at it and get a better schematic, but essentially it just goes from AC input to AC output (with input ground and a ground from the trafo) and then runs through a few red drop capacitors and then to 6 AC outlets. Nothing really fancy, except the red drop caps.

Doug

RyanW said:
Hey guys,

I've got a few 1.5kVA E type Isolation transformers available. I don't have a set price, but I am willing to trade or review any reasonable offers.

If someone out there is knowledgeable enough to put together a rock solid power conditioner schematic, perhaps we could trade knowledge for Iron/copper.

Hi Ryan:

I'd be happy to work with you to come up with a design around these, and/or trade for something you need, do you have any hifi bits you're looking for?

I could certainly use one or two, my power at my new (8 months ago) place is gawdawful.

Check this out on EBAY!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330308625202
This deal is FANTASTIC.
Its a 120VAC to 115VAC toroid. Beautiful from the pics. Amperage is 8.25 and VA is 948.75 - his words.
Really? Could you ask for a better Isolation Transformer!
He wants $20 each and about 15 shipping in the US. Transformers like this at ANTEK sell for over $100.
Bump this article if you read it since no one is going to respond to this post so it doesnt get lost while his supplies last!!
Uriah

Udailey

I know this an old thread... :rolleyes:

I bought two of these transformers (thanks for the suggestion) and just now I am starting to build a variable-isolated-AC power supply for my bench.
This will be (at start) nothing more than a variac followed by an isolation transformer. Latter I will add an ac-dc portion and a PIC controlled volt-amp meter.

Since I lost all the information on these transformers, I wonder if you still have it. :confused:
There are 4 wires on one side (white-blue-black-grey) and 3 wires (red-orange-red) on the other.
I am assuming that there are two 110V winding on the 4-wire side and a 0-110V-220 winding on the 3-wire side.
Does that sound about right?

I appreciate any information you can provide. :up:

Cheers!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.