1kVA Isolation Transformer Beautiful - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th February 2009, 09:47 PM   #11
HaLo6 is offline HaLo6  United States
diyAudio Member

Or I guess I could mod my panamax and put this right after the mains IEC inlet and wire up one of the 120VAC lines into the rest of the system.
Old 18th February 2009, 05:39 PM   #12
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member

Problem here is that toroids are inherently high primary-secondary capacitance devices. These don't have the interwinding shield to correct this. So, that limits the ability to isolate from high frequencies.
Old 18th February 2009, 06:58 PM   #13
udailey is offline udailey  United States
diyAudio Member

Right. Thats why I suggested buying two and putting them back to back. This will give you the isolation you need. I am going to give this
http://www.lampizator.eu/AC%20FILTER/SILK/FILTER.HTML
a go and see if I can get rid of some noise I have on my AC lines. If it doesnt do the trick I will buy one of these transformers and put it in back of said circuit and see if that does it. If not I will, phew, get one more and do the back to back deal.
Old 19th February 2009, 02:46 PM   #14
RyanW is offline RyanW  Canada
diyAudio Member

Hey guys,

I've got a few 1.5kVA E type Isolation transformers available. I don't have a set price, but I am willing to trade or review any reasonable offers.

If someone out there is knowledgeable enough to put together a rock solid power conditioner schematic, perhaps we could trade knowledge for Iron/copper.
Old 19th February 2009, 03:57 PM   #15
diyAudio Member

Ryan,

As I mentioned above, I got a powervar silly cheap. I could take a look at it and get a better schematic, but essentially it just goes from AC input to AC output (with input ground and a ground from the trafo) and then runs through a few red drop capacitors and then to 6 AC outlets. Nothing really fancy, except the red drop caps.

Doug
Old 19th February 2009, 08:33 PM   #16
badman is offline badman  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by RyanW
Hey guys,

I've got a few 1.5kVA E type Isolation transformers available. I don't have a set price, but I am willing to trade or review any reasonable offers.

If someone out there is knowledgeable enough to put together a rock solid power conditioner schematic, perhaps we could trade knowledge for Iron/copper.

Hi Ryan:

I'd be happy to work with you to come up with a design around these, and/or trade for something you need, do you have any hifi bits you're looking for?

I could certainly use one or two, my power at my new (8 months ago) place is gawdawful.
Old 22nd January 2012, 03:18 PM   #17
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by udailey View Post
Check this out on EBAY!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=330308625202
This deal is FANTASTIC.
Its a 120VAC to 115VAC toroid. Beautiful from the pics. Amperage is 8.25 and VA is 948.75 - his words.
Really? Could you ask for a better Isolation Transformer!
He wants $20 each and about 15 shipping in the US. Transformers like this at ANTEK sell for over $100.
Bump this article if you read it since no one is going to respond to this post so it doesnt get lost while his supplies last!!
Uriah
Udailey

I know this an old thread...

I bought two of these transformers (thanks for the suggestion) and just now I am starting to build a variable-isolated-AC power supply for my bench.
This will be (at start) nothing more than a variac followed by an isolation transformer. Latter I will add an ac-dc portion and a PIC controlled volt-amp meter.

Since I lost all the information on these transformers, I wonder if you still have it.
There are 4 wires on one side (white-blue-black-grey) and 3 wires (red-orange-red) on the other.
I am assuming that there are two 110V winding on the 4-wire side and a 0-110V-220 winding on the 3-wire side.
Does that sound about right?

I appreciate any information you can provide.

Cheers!
Old 30th January 2012, 06:43 PM   #18
udailey is offline udailey  United States
diyAudio Member

Let me search. I know I have them but where I am not sure.

Hide this!Advertise here!