• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Artic Silver Thermal compound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a small quantity of Artic Silver Heat sink compound...this stuff is very expensive and I want to contribute some of it to the members of the forum.....I have set aside about 10 grams of it to give away....it reduced temps in different applications quite abit compared to white thermal grease....I use it on my computer processer with great results...........All I ask is that if you request some dont be greedy!!!!..LOL....I want as many members to try this out.....and because of the customs problems...Canadian residents only please...(they might think its a bomb or something).

so whoever wants a sample Email me with how much you need...I did a whole Amplifier with barely half a gram

Cheers!!The DIRT®

JOE DIRT® said:
I have a small quantity of Artic Silver Heat sink compound...this stuff is very expensive and I want to contribute some of it to the members of the forum.....I have set aside about 10 grams of it to give away....it reduced temps in different applications quite abit compared to white thermal grease....I use it on my computer processer with great results...........All I ask is that if you request some dont be greedy!!!!..LOL....I want as many members to try this out.....and because of the customs problems...Canadian residents only please...(they might think its a bomb or something).

so whoever wants a sample Email me with how much you need...I did a whole Amplifier with barely half a gram

Cheers!!The DIRT®

Is this not a lot of work for 10 g? I mean the stuff is not REALLY expensive but about USD 15-20 in the right place and if you're splitting it up then even getting the smaller tubes of 3 g for USD 6-8 would be a larger qty.

Petter said:
This is an interesting thread -- what I am most interested in the electrical characteristics of Arctic Silver. Is it conductive? Does it become inductive under pressure?

Petter

Under normal circumstances the paste is not conductive but if the pressure applied is to high it will be. A little dangerous...

As for inductivity I have no idea. Check their web site:

http://www.arcticsilver.com/

It it fairly standard stuff and most suppliers have it if you look at computer suppliers as the paste is originally for CPUs IIRC.

UrSv....it is about 8 bucks US for 3 grams....thats 15 Can bucks...we are poor here in Canada hahaha...... and it does have some conductive properties thats what makes it so good....you dont spread this stuff on like peanut butter you have to watch that there isnt any on component leads...............I am not trying to market this stuff I was merely offering a gesture to members...I am a designer of electronic controls and I get some freebies now and again and I would rather give away what I`m not using because if you were married to my wife you would know why.... I have so much crap around she says it looks like store..LOL

Cheers!!The DIRT®

in normail computer applications with a standard heatsik with the temprature around 45-50 C it usally drops the temprature by about 5C, which in my mind for the invertment is very good.

however if you are looking for a non conductive application then i suggest using their cheaper artic alumina which is non conductive and does ALMOST as well, also beware of all other makes... without going into too much technical stuff (they are oftern made from silver oxide instead of silver and contain very small quantities) they are poop

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.