• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Superphon Revelation...needs a fix

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Superphon Revelation (the original) preamp. It has three sources, including phono, tape lape, mute switch, balance and volume controls. Nice full featured, fully discrete circuit. Dual mono.

I recapped it will all 'lytics changed to Rubycon ZA & ZL. I also changed the captive lamp chord with external transformer to a detachable volex chord with powercon connector. The plug got changed too. It makes it a lot more convenient to use.

Here is the deal. The line level works perfectly, but a friend said the phono does not work in one channel. Its probably a very simple fix but I don't have the time to look into it. I also don't currently have a turntable set up to test it out. So I'll take offers for someone willing to look into it. You can always use it as a two input line level preamp. It does sound really good, better than a lot of modern preamps with opamps IMO.

FWIW, I have about $50 worth of caps in this, plus plug connectors, etc. The line stage is very transparent and smooth sounding due to the class A discrete stage.

The phono needs probably an easy fix, one channel works, so the bias points in that channel can be compared to the bias in the other to determine which transistor or part is bad or whatever.

I have well over $300 into this and was looking to get $100 back.

Hey Josh,
We may have to come to some arrangement where you just automatically send me whatever you have for sale.

If you're looking for a return in the $100 ish range, I'm seriously interested. Is this the original version from way back with the two independent volume knobs (leading to the well known 'rubber band' tweak)?
Phono stage was MM only, wasn't it?

I'll PM you over on AC. I almost did earlier on the 770. I already have one, but your continual bumps have me wondering whether I should get a second as a backup. My entire signal chain is built around the assumption of a web tablet control, so if mine dies I'm kinda screwed.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.