NICE; Custom 250VA Toroidal Power Transformers; 34vac/7a, plus an Auxiliary Winding - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th January 2009, 10:10 AM   #1
dozer is offline dozer  United States
diyAudio Member

Default NICE; Custom 250VA Toroidal Power Transformers; 34vac/7a, plus an Auxiliary Winding

hi folks!

A couple weeks ago, I mentioned that I was sure I had some nice Toroidal power transformers, but hadn't been able to find the darn things in the storage-trailer yet.

Well, my wife and I were working in the trailer again today, and I found them!

So I took some pics and put them up on my webpage here....

http://www.oregonstone.com/TR-Toroid-250va-New.html

These are brand-new parts, still in the factory wrapping, and are rated for -continuous- operation 24/7 at 250VA.

The main secondary is 34vac @ 7 amps; which makes a very useful 48vdc at no-load and nominal line-input.

But unlike "off the shelf" toroids, this one also includes a -second- winding; totally handy for powering all your control and preamp circuits.

I don't have the ratings for that 2nd winding yet; but I'll cobble together a setup to measure that in the next few days, and add another post here.

A pair of these would make a killer 500VA 68VCT/7amp feed for a high dynamic-range +/-48vdc power-supply!

...and might look pretty cool on your chassis too...

Primaries are dual 115/230vac, by the way.

I believe that these custom-made parts with the nifty auxiliary-winding are currently over $80/ea in quantity 10-up from Nicollet Technologies.

I'll sell one for $38, or a pair for $68; plus shipping.

NOTE: I have just six of these left.

I am sorry, but I cannot ship out of the US.

oh yes...I found a few sets of new steel-disks and rubber anti-vibe-pads too!

My webpage has more details and pictures, please check it out. Please email me directly if you want them.

thanks much!

Richard
"metal at fullwave dawt kom"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trfm-toroid250-new-web.jpg (21.7 KB, 87 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!