• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Nakamichi 480 tape deck, $75 OBO

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This machine is like new, in it's factory packaging (original double box, packing materials and bag), with all the original bits and pieces (cleaning stuff, manual, stocking IC's), and even includes a handwritten frequency response graph (with measured distortion info!) from the Audio King (dealer) in Minneapolis. It looks like it belongs in a museum.

There are two problems.
#1. I picked up this deck in a pile of stuff I couldn't refuse. Unfortunately, I can't really use it either. And, our guest bedroom is getting too full of audio extras.

#2. I tried to test it, and in so doing, ended up getting the eject button stuck in with the tape door closed. This thing is pristine, so I don't want to mess with it and goof it up. I can't imagine this is a complicated problem, but because of this, I haven't tested the unit.

Let me know if you are interested. I'd prefer paypal, but I am not limited to it.

pj

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.