• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

many scan speak clasic and revelator drivers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Any drivers for Thiel

tweeter replacements? I have Thiel CS 2 2's with aluminum dome tweeters.

Do you have any tweeters that can replace them? Unfortunately I don't have a specific part # and from what I recall Thiel finalizes the drivers after receiving them from the manufacturer but I thought that I would try here first.

Thank you in advance!

Angelo

I can send pics of the tweeter

to your email address.

For some reason I am still "under moderation" even though I have posted numerous posts on the forum.

At any rate, I believe it is a Vifa Tweeter - aluminum/metal dome - part # D25A6-35-06. I can verify the specific part # as soon as I get home tonight.

Thank you in advance for checking what you have in stock!

I truly, truly appreciate it.

Angelo:angel:

Correction of part #

D26AG-34-04ohm Looks like a precise part # from Vifa.

Does this make any sense to anyone???

Do you foresee problems with replacing with a D25AG-35-06ohm?

Truly need some assistance as the only other option is sending unit back to Thiel for a rebuild at Thiel's cost

Well

Apparently one of the lead wires going to the diaphragm is broken.

Thiel technician said it is so small that soldering together will not suffice as the lead will absorb the solder.

I'm not skilled enough to solder such a small guage wire without damaging the rest of the driver otherwise I would have attempted to restore it myself.

Re: Well

auditude said:
Apparently one of the lead wires going to the diaphragm is broken.

Thiel technician said it is so small that soldering together will not suffice as the lead will absorb the solder.

I'm not skilled enough to solder such a small guage wire without damaging the rest of the driver otherwise I would have attempted to restore it myself.

I had in past when tweeters wire coil get damagd- everything is repairable.if you would live around i would fix it easily.

JC Fardo-

no 15w8530koo at the moment , but i have 18w4531g00

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.