• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New project : R-2R Attenuator With Remote Control V2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
still have 3 off V1 laying about, nice design only...........in my case not so usefull. -48Db is not enough attenuation. The Dact stepper has an att. of -60Db at position 2. Position 1 is off=like it should be.

I use passive pre's with DAC's at 2V RMS output and with poweramps with inputs of 1V RMS full output.
It does not go low enough. The Lightspeed att. has the same problem.(but can be fixed relatively easy)

What I really don't like is the universal remote control. It would have been OK when it was a dedicated remote with only 6/8 buttons or so. This 1 is dreadful to look at and use.

Re: r-2r problems

rob lenk said:
Lu
I was able to do a little cataloging tonight and this is what i've come up with
I have approximately 32 steps of appropriate volume with the attenuator- specifically steps; 65&64 may be too low to count but
all seem ok
every step between them is WAY down in volume, not muted but seriously lower than the next working step-
Do you see a pattern or have an idea of what would be causing this(a non-functioning relay?)-other than directly soldering the individual sources to the input pins(and they are all working well) I have not modified the board-
I appreciate your efforts in trying to solve my problem
rob

This sounds very much like a short somewhere. I don't have the schematic so it is hard to say, however if the problem is every step in between then it is probably in the least significant bit address - path. This bit toggles for each step. look over the board, or - it is simply a resistor ladder, use an ohm meter to try and figure out what it going on with the resistance.

Re: pb2

jam said:
bbp,

Will you be doing a new production run?

Jam

rob lenk said:
I appreciate your 2 cents
having just finished a pass f5 amp my bench is now clear to look at the r2r attenuator.
so many toys, so little time!
again thanks for your thoughts
rob

New design is under development ^_^

thank you too, rob
:smash: :smash:

The last set of R-2R V2 KIT is ready to go, bump for deal :)

How is the V2 compared to the next greatest controller? Email sent bpp.

I'd like=

1) Something similar that one could use the V2 board or an add on board in order to have the most current modded digital controller.

2) A comparison of the V2 and anything else out on the market if anyone has any comparative analysis to make.

Sent email on remote/IR not working with my V2, but the sound is exceptional. I haven't read through this thread, but the sound is truly top notch IMHO, which is why I am eager to hear other's opinions and also to know if the newest/latest/greatest can be upgraded using the V2 components/fundamental platform.

Cheers!

Hi guys,

The V2 version will be available again in 1st May.
Please drop me an email if you interest in the old kits
Thank you

to kierownik: Of course the new attenuator 'Ultimate Attenuator for Audio'=VCS KIT is the best design I've ever done. I think I can't make a product better than the 'Ultimate Attenuator for Audio' in the following years >_<

to findingmyway4ever: have you fix the remote problem buddy? Just input the right remote code before your first time using it ^_^

regards
Lu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.