• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New project : R-2R Attenuator With Remote Control V2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What I Share here is my Remote Volume Control KIT V2.

This is a assembled volume controller with 4 sources selector based on high quality Panasonic TQ2-5V relays.

8 Bits conrol provides 256 STEP variation, with the selected useful 67 STEPs, this attenuator can be adjust from -48 dB to 0 o dB (with a infinite load).
Comparing to my VOL V1, this new version is more friendly to listening.

VOL V1 located here :
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=130302

Function & Feature
1. 67 steps volume control without any ¡®POP¡¯ noise
2. 4 sources selector
3. Beautiful LCD display, White code with Blue background
4. Universal remote handset
5. Remote / Manual control
6. Considerate PCB layout
7. 8 PCS high quality Panasonic TQ2-5V relays and VISHAY DALE RN55C resistors
8. Build your balance stereo attenuator easily, you just only need to add another main board
9. Easy to use. Only +5V DC power supply is needed
10. Fully test before shipping

This lit includes:
1. Controller board with LCD display
2. Main board
3. Remote handset
4. Remote receiver , rotary encoder and connecting cables

USER MANUAL is ready to go ^_^
Shipment / Carrier : Hongkong Post Airmail Registered
Payment : Paypal I am a verified Paypal member

Total cost : promotion price is only 65 USD , shipment and paypal fee included

Merry Christmas to all the diyaudio member:)

best regards
bbp

Attachments

• dsc05632.jpg
    dsc05632.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 4,590
tritosine said:
hi I also want a "balanced" type of kit (+1 extra main board?).

Please tell me how are you blocking zipper noise? Relays arent fast enough to switch at given zero crossing time afaik.

tms0425 said:
I also need pricing and configuration details for balanced (extra main board). Thanks, Tom

Yes tritosine, balance version just need an extra main board :smash:

price for balanced version is 95 USD

Manual for this VOL controller is ready ^_^

tritosine said:
hi I also want a "balanced" type of kit (+1 extra main board?).

Please tell me how are you blocking zipper noise? Relays arent fast enough to switch at given zero crossing time afaik.

Hi tritosine, for TQ2-5V relays are very high quality,they switch fast enough that the VOL causes very very little audible 'POP' noise :)

Plese leave an email here or send me an email that I can send the manual to you later ^_^

dnewma04 said:
Makes me wish I hadn't bought the first version.

DaveM said:
Could you send me a manual as well?

I am interested in a single ended version as well as the balanced.

Thanks

Hi dnewma04, all things becomes better in their later version :)
If you are going to buy some parts/stuff in China mainland, I can help you whenever you need ^_^

Hi DaceM, the USER MANUAL gives both stereo and balanced configuration. Drop me an email to bbp6604560 at hotmail.com

:)

regards
Lu

Hi BBP,

First of all happy new year! I have a bit of a stupid question, i would be interested to use these boards- balanced, with a BOSOZ preamp- M. Pass reccomends 5k potentiometers on the output of the preamp ( although i read elsewhere in this forum that 10k seems to work fine) , what is the impedance of yours?

Thanks

C37 said:
Hi BBP,

First of all happy new year! I have a bit of a stupid question, i would be interested to use these boards- balanced, with a BOSOZ preamp- M. Pass reccomends 5k potentiometers on the output of the preamp ( although i read elsewhere in this forum that 10k seems to work fine) , what is the impedance of yours?

Thanks

Hi C37,

As I know,R-2R type attenuator was chosen by PASS P1.7 Preamplifiers.
The output impedance of R-2R attenuator is the value of 'R' , in my project, the 'R' is 10K. So the output impedance of my VOL kit is 10K.
It is suitable for your system if the input impedance of your power amp is bigger than 50K.

best regards

Lu

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.