• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

New project : R-2R Attenuator With Remote Control V2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
r-2r

finally- a listening session last night
sounds good!
I agree with N.P.- full range, revealing, maybe a tad of 2nd harmonic but certainly not overly rich,warm, or fuzzy vis a vis rolled off highs, very nice balance and plenty of gain out of my scdce333es into a modified dynaco st 70- fact volume around 47 to 50 is more than enough-
I sit about four feet from my speakers that are about six feet apart- near field ya baby - may have to up the output resistance- tear it down again solder in some new resistors , not much fun?!
Am having some problem with the 3pin connector staying in good contact with the ir reciever,sometimes the remote works sometimes not.
Lu can we carefull solder this instead of the slide on connector and could I get another one incase I burn it triing to solder it?Cost?
inquiring minds want to know!
rob

got mine going to.

definately a step up on the alps pot it has replaced, the bass is definately stronger.

it doesnt play ball with my vlave amp (impedance matching) so i buffered it. Used the pedfa rogic buffer (cheers blair!) and the valve amp was instantly happy. again, imporvement over the alps is noticable.

Thanks lu, good product - just waiting on my front panel from Shaeffer.

Re: r-2r

rob lenk said:
finally- a listening session last night
sounds good!
I agree with N.P.- full range, revealing, maybe a tad of 2nd harmonic but certainly not overly rich,warm, or fuzzy vis a vis rolled off highs, very nice balance and plenty of gain out of my scdce333es into a modified dynaco st 70- fact volume around 47 to 50 is more than enough-
I sit about four feet from my speakers that are about six feet apart- near field ya baby - may have to up the output resistance- tear it down again solder in some new resistors , not much fun?!
Am having some problem with the 3pin connector staying in good contact with the ir reciever,sometimes the remote works sometimes not.
Lu can we carefull solder this instead of the slide on connector and could I get another one incase I burn it triing to solder it?Cost?
inquiring minds want to know!
rob

adamus said:
got mine going to.

definately a step up on the alps pot it has replaced, the bass is definately stronger.

it doesnt play ball with my vlave amp (impedance matching) so i buffered it. Used the pedfa rogic buffer (cheers blair!) and the valve amp was instantly happy. again, imporvement over the alps is noticable.

Thanks lu, good product - just waiting on my front panel from Shaeffer.

Thank you :D

Re: board dimension

joshuajoshua said:
Lu,

payment sent!..

By the way can you tell me the dimension of those 2 boards?

Thanks,

Joshua

joshuajoshua said:
Lu....can you confirm if you have received my email with payment?

Joshua

Hi my friend,

sorry to reply you late.
Your parcel is on the way to you ^_^

regards
Lu

Attachments

• hole to hloe1.jpg
    hole to hloe1.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 506
adamus said:
cheers, sounds great and works as expected. I used pedja rogic buffers (2sk170). Sounds supremely transparant. No popping or anything when changing vol.

Very professional looking....:worship:

BTW, I plan to use pedja buffer as well, could you post the schematic that you use? Like do you put 1M resistor from 2sk170 gate to the ground? series R at the input?

Joshua

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.