• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Lowther DX4 with Bud Purvine Enabl pattern

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A pair of those first enabled DX4's with Beauhorn small wooden phase plug (also with Enabl pattern) . I bought them used from England (as a pair) but they are from different production run apparently. They are pictures in Bud's Enabl thread. I'm building compression driver based system so time to part with "the best driver in the world " according to some .$1450 shipped in CONUS.
I'll give potential buyer 48 hours to decide on the deal but he will have to cover shipping cost in a case he doesn't like them .
Regards, Limono

I think I'm asking too little for "the best driver in the world " :)...
I can hagle on price is somebody is really interested . Did I stress enough that Bud himself painted those and original Beauhorn phase plugs are tad expensive to buy??
No trades this time as I'm swamped with drivers and parts already.
REgards, L

Well ,surrounds on the pair I have do differ .One is brownish the other one grayish I'm not sure of the year of production but they have newer rolled edge wizzer cone .The price I ask is about what I paid couple of years ago to some English chap (not incuding shipping) He kindly did not inform me of the fact that drivers are from different production batch -they do sound the same.
So far dealing with Brits brings me no luck at all -nasty,treacherous, world sucking tribe.:D

I'm looking for a pair of DX4 and have found yours.
As I'm a new member I cannot mail you directly, could you mail me back to: pacomarmor at hotmail dot com?
I have some friends living in Detroit so after payment we may arrange local pick up if you agree.

Best Regards.
Paco.

Pictures of drivers

Here is picture without flash

Attachments

• 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 369
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.