• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Private reserve sale : transformers and tubes!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Parts I has set aside for possible future use. Mostly culled from lab equipment, spectrometers, some broadcast. On eBay, everything starting at $1.

Hammond and Stancor tube power transformers, filament transformers, and chokes.

Also Lambda power transformers a chokes, a pair of each. Monoblocks anyone?

Tamradio (Tamura) low voltage potted power transformers, pair.

And tubes, a lot of tubes.

Some Amperex special quality SQ 7534 and 8233, a pair of JAN 6080WC, 5V4 and 5Y3 rectifiers...

Rather than link everything, if interested just go to the following link and see my other items for the rest.

Hammond 270X Power Transformer

I haven't yet listed the "little" tubes, dozens of 12AX7, 12AU7, 6DJ8 ... lots of others. Premium brands. RCA, Amperex Bugle Boy ... I only kept the best of the best.

I will be listing those in a couple of days, so please check the "view other items" regularly if interested.

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Okay, started on the small signal tubes. The 12AX7s are up.

Regarding the Lambda transformers: maybe they are not all that "cool" looking, but then again they were made for one thing and one thing only: performance. They date from around 1966, back when NASA was busy with the Apollo project and laboratory equipment, electronics especially, reached a high water mark that has not in my opinion been matched since. Shipping the beasts will not be cheap, unfortunately, but this listing is still the pick of the litter. Since general interest in these will be very low I expect them to go for not a heck of a lot. So it might be worth your while keeping an eye on them. That's my "thank you" inside tip for you guys, the DIYaudio forum members.

/Richard

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I don't know. That's kinda the fun part. It will be substantial in both current and voltage ... ideal for classic tube power amplifiers with tube rectifiers, CLC pi filter, since that is the job what it was originally doing as a all-tube regulated high voltage power supply.

You will have to design around what you get, to some extent.

Alright, you want me to guess. Ok, my guess is its about 350-0-350 or 400-0-400. It was originally on a tube regulated power supply with 6AS7 pass elements. The output current was relatively high, and therefore the max output voltage would have been moderate, 250-400 V I imagine. It would be reasonable to expect that the unregulated B+ was about 500 V, but you'd have to put fairly large error bars on that estimate. It could have been as low as 350V, and as high as 600V.

12AU7s listed today. God, I had so may... this is driving me nuts.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=140286905820

and more...

rjm

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Last bump .. finally got through the all the lots. Last item is the big finale, a huge grab bag of misc. tubes, 65 in all, starting at $1. It should keep somebody busy for some time...here

also listed a bunch of 6DJ8s, Mullard, Amperex etc...here

6CG7s and 6DJ8 Bugle Boys, just click "see sellers other auctions".

Done. Finally.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.