• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Dantimax scam?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
More than 3 weeks ago I needed 2 PSUs that I found on Dantimax site. I asked a few simple questions to this danish person; I had a short and not particularly friendly reply but I decided to buy the PSUs anyway. First I paid and placed the order. After an automatic confirmation I sent him an email asking for the correct PSU configuration. I never had a reply from that day (about 2 weeks ago) and nothing arrived or was even confirmed as shipped, even afer asking him 2 or 3 times if my order placed 3 weeks ago was on its way.
I guess he scammed me for some tenth of euros, but just to make people know about this person's behaviour.

ssmith said:
try posting on this dedicated thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=42589

He seems to have lots of custom, and I'm sure it'll be resolved. Bear in mind it seems to be a one-man operation, in which anything could cause the problem you mentioned -- computer crash, family emergency etc etc.
Hope it gets sorted. :)

Thanks, I posted there.
Anyway not a friendly behaviour, believe me. Even my short and simple, and very kind technical questions (only one email, don't think of a big disturb) had unfriendly replies. And a shipping date (even something "about that date") never had a reply. And still keeps not replying, the man.

Yes, I am sometimes slow, but I don't scam anyone (not knowingly at least). My regular work sometimes includes a lot of unwanted overtime, and in those cases I don't have a lot of time to read/write e-mail. So if you don't get a reply to your e-mail after some days, that doesn't mean I'm ignoring you, just that I'm busy. Some parts for your power supplies were out of stock, and arrived late from my supplier also - that doesn't speed things up either...

Your parts have been sent, as I have told you. I can't send you a tracking number, as you didn't pay for insured mail.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Hi Kooka

It is indeed a horrible thing to call someone a scammer, and insinuate that their intentions are less than honorable.

Whilst I can understand the stress that this must have caused you, believing that you had been duped, it is wrong to call someone a scammer publicly, (well at least until such time that you are 100% sure)

Untill such time that Mikkel was able to respond publicly, it unfortunately conveys a horrible message, and leaves other purchasers wondering if they should conduct business with him.

A quick search of this forum, and for that matter other audio forums would have quickly revealed that he has hundreds of satisfied customers.

Maybe it would have been more appropriate to ask in a less aggressive tone, e.g. “does anyone know if dantimax is still trading”

I think another lesson here for all of us, is that there are many sellers who offer their products at a hobbyist level. This would imply that it is their not their main employment, and is done as a service to the DIY fraternity.

This means that sometimes we have to wait for responses, and wait a bit longer for our goods to be dispatched.

Regards
George

GeeVee said:
Hi Kooka

It is indeed a horrible thing to call someone a scammer, and insinuate that their intentions are less than honorable.

Whilst I can understand the stress that this must have caused you, believing that you had been duped, it is wrong to call someone a scammer publicly, (well at least until such time that you are 100% sure)

Untill such time that Mikkel was able to respond publicly, it unfortunately conveys a horrible message, and leaves other purchasers wondering if they should conduct business with him.

A quick search of this forum, and for that matter other audio forums would have quickly revealed that he has hundreds of satisfied customers.

Maybe it would have been more appropriate to ask in a less aggressive tone, e.g. “does anyone know if dantimax is still trading”

I think another lesson here for all of us, is that there are many sellers who offer their products at a hobbyist level. This would imply that it is their not their main employment, and is done as a service to the DIY fraternity.

This means that sometimes we have to wait for responses, and wait a bit longer for our goods to be dispatched.

Regards
George

You did not notice the "?" in this thread, right?
You did not read the thread, right?
On, now I understand why you wrote this post of yours.

Because, as I already explained very well:
1) I asked for 2 weeks to have a reply from the seller. Never had.
2) I asked here (WITH AN "?", which I guess you should know has a meaning) IF this man was what I was starting supposing after NOT HAVING EVEN A SHORT REPLY FOR " WEEKS. Do you think it is normal not having a reply for 15 days from someone who's business is internet based? Moreover: the silence time was 2 weeks, but I already paid une more week before. So from my payment to the last unanswered email 3 weeks were passed.
3) Why should I have asked if he was still on business? I already explained here (you did not read, I understand) that I had a very fast reply for a technical question before I paid. I stress this: "before I paid". After my payment, maybe, my emails were less important.
4) After 2 weeks of silence, with no reply from this gentleman, I posted here this thread, and after a few hours I finally had a reply. I guess it was useful. Or maybe we can think I was just lucky. After 2 weeks he checked the internet exactly some minutes after I posted my thread.

By the way: I sometime sell something on the net, as many of us do. I never (NEVER) let someone who gave me money without any reply for weeks. And this is my hobby, of course, not my job.

Now I can consider closed this thing (still did not received anything, but I am confident I will, actually) but maybe you could understand that sometimes it is not easy to deal with someone you gave your money does not even reply to your emails for weeks. Weeks, not "hours" or "days", which would be very different thing.

Apparently MCS sent his stuff and Kooka did not receive it, yet... does remind me off the several e-bay sellers that state explicitly that they won't ship to Italy due to problems with the local carriers...items that never arrive, leading to disputes, negative feedback, etc. Maybe applies to this case as well.

Italy is a very fine country and I have several good Italian friends, but, well, it is still Italy :)

ErikdeBest said:
Apparently MCS sent his stuff and Kooka did not receive it, yet... does remind me off the several e-bay sellers that state explicitly that they won't ship to Italy due to problems with the local carriers...items that never arrive, leading to disputes, negative feedback, etc. Maybe applies to this case as well.

Italy is a very fine country and I have several good Italian friends, but, well, it is still Italy :)

One more forumer who did NOT read the thread, it seems.

The problem was that goods were NOT SHIPPED for 3 weeks, and for 2 etneire weeks no reply was given to the buyer.
Italian or other postal service is NOT AT ALL involved in this thing.
The seller says he shipped last monday (2 days ago) after 3 weeks from payment. Is it italian postal service fault?
If he told that he did not have the goodsd available and that the shipment would have taken 3 weeks maybe there would have been no problem, don't you think so?
But if someone does not read what's written in the thread...

You know, Holland is a fine country, probably, but with people wanting to write about threads they did not even read, it seems :)

Hi Kooka

Sorry for threadjacking...actually I read the thread, but assume I was a bit pro-dantimax, I mean, I like his work and efforts for the DIY community. I also wrote...maybe the fault lies with the Italian carriers.

MCS wrote

Your parts have been sent, as I have told you. I can't send you a tracking number, as you didn't pay for insured mail.

but I agree that he did not say when he shipped the stuff!

Anyway, good luck when receiving it and well, that is it!

ErikdeBest said:
Hi Kooka

Sorry for threadjacking...actually I read the thread, but assume I was a bit pro-dantimax, I mean, I like his work and efforts for the DIY community. I also wrote...maybe the fault lies with the Italian carriers.

MCS wrote

but I agree that he did not say when he shipped the stuff!

Anyway, good luck when receiving it and well, that is it!

Ok, no problem. He wrote an email to me (hours after this thread was open, after two weeks of silence) and told me the parcel was shipped that day (monday, two days ago), after 3 weeks from my payment, and without saying anything for two weeks.
Now I can undersdtand something is out of stock, parts are late and everything, but if I get money from someone and I cannot ship for 3 weeks, at least I give him a reply explaining the problem.
Silence for 2 weeks after 3 weeks from payment is something a little different... and explains why I posted this thread here.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Kooka:

I've read the thread and, like others who have posted before me, appreciate your concerns, but even so I think you jumped the gun. I've purchased from Mikkel on several occasions and have peppered him with a huge number of dumb newbie questions. While he is usually very prompt in his replies, he does sometimes take a while to respond (often with some silly excuse about a demanding job and the need to feed his family). Not hearing about the status of an order is frustrating, but cut the guy some slack -- his reputation is very, very good. A quick search of the diyaudio website notes all of this, as well as the enormous outpouring of gratitude and support for Mikkel's work.

Good luck with your project.

Regards,
Scott

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I need to say I'm thankful that we have members like Mikkel offering these things on the forum, but I don't think it's fair to belittle or downplay Kooka's frustration.

I have been guilty of emailing Mikkel in the past and have not bought as I was planning to (sorry for wasting your time Mikkel).

I did eventually buy from Mikkel and he answered my questions. I sent paypal payment and got a reply that he would try to ship by the end of the week and I waited.

3 weeks later, I inquired about when he sent it so I could better judge when I might expect it and found that he had yet to send my order and ended up sending it later that week.

In those weeks prior to my email, I didn't get any indication that my order was going to be late or delayed or any communication at all, so I know exactly what you went through Kooka.

I may or may not order from Mikkel again, but if I decide not to order again, it won't be due to a lack of trust. I do also fully understand that Mikkel runs this as a hobbyist and has a very demanding day job, but I hope he doesn't decide to close up shop because of the nonsense that comes with running a business like this on the side.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

P.S. Is it too late to change the subject line?

I have now tried to reach Mikkel Corydon Simonsen via pm here, in another thread here, via email to info at dantimax, via sms to +45 74 52 64 21 and Mikkel does not respond anywhere.
I have now escalated this with paypal, we will see the outcome. If anybody know this guy, please inform him.

I would not buy from him again if he does not step forward.

I had to cancel my order with dantimax too (it was a 4/5 months ago) as I was not getting any replies from Mikkel. He sent me a mail after I filed the case with paypal and asked for a refund (I had it promptly) ... apparently he is very very busy but he was fair.

Joined 2009
Paid Member

I don't like your comment about Italy.

More than 3 weeks ago I needed 2 PSUs that I found on Dantimax site. I asked a few simple questions to this danish person; I had a short and not particularly friendly reply but I decided to buy the PSUs anyway. First I paid and placed the order. After an automatic confirmation I sent him an email asking for the correct PSU configuration. I never had a reply from that day (about 2 weeks ago) and nothing arrived or was even confirmed as shipped, even afer asking him 2 or 3 times if my order placed 3 weeks ago was on its way.
I guess he scammed me for some tenth of euros, but just to make people know about this person's behaviour.
That's part of my filter now. If the persons are rude, condescending or evasive then I choose to move on. When they are evasive, ie failing to aknowledge or answer questions, that's a dead give away, now.

My guess is that he is currently very busy since I have been waiting over 3 weeks now for a reply on my order and I paid already. Never experienced anything with him like this and I ordered several times before. A pity but I expect he will reply sometimes.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.