Planet10 FE127 drivers FS - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Swap Meet

Swap Meet Sell your stuff here, who knows, some other fanatic might be interested!

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 22nd November 2008, 07:34 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Planet10 FE127 drivers FS

Hi Folks-

I've got a pair of Dave's eNabled Fostex FE127 drivers for sale. Very little use, I'd say fewer than 10 hours total, since the prototype baffles for the Parts Express box that were supposed to be on the way any day now just never happened.

My loss is your gain. $200 including shipping in the lower 48, versus the new price of $270+ including shipping. If you're not in the US, contact me about shipping.

I'm also "tubesguy" on ebay, and "Nostalgic" on Audiogon, so buy with confidence. Thanks - Pat

http://www.planet10-hifi.com/FE12xeN.html#Price
Old 23rd November 2008, 02:20 AM   #2
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Default Re: Planet10 FE127 drivers FS

Quote:
Originally posted by tubesguy
I've got a pair of Dave's eNabled Fostex FE127 drivers for sale. Very little use, I'd say fewer than 10 hours total, since the prototype baffles for the Parts Express box that were supposed to be on the way any day now just never happened.
My bad... that project is still in the queue... (do note that the drivers were purchased before the baffle was promised)

dave
Old 23rd November 2008, 02:53 AM   #3
doorman is offline doorman  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Planet10 FE127 drivers FS

Quote:
Originally posted by tubesguy
Hi Folks-

My loss is your gain. $200 including shipping in the lower 48, versus the new price of $270+ including shipping. If you're not in the US, contact me about shipping.

I'm also "tubesguy" on ebay, and "Nostalgic" on Audiogon, so buy with confidence. Thanks - Pat

http://www.planet10-hifi.com/FE12xeN.html#Price
Way OT: I love your tag-line, and agree that Mr. Vitale is the most obnoxious "sports" personality on the air today!
Now, back to regular programming.
Don
Old 23rd November 2008, 09:10 PM   #4
chrisb is offline chrisb  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Planet10 FE127 drivers FS

Quote:
Originally posted by planet10

My bad... that project is still in the queue... (do note that the drivers were purchased before the baffle was promised)

dave
That's 2 of us who are embarrassed about allowing this to dwell at the bottom of the project list for so long - no excuses.

It has migrated to "next up"
Old 24th November 2008, 03:13 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Re: Planet10 FE127 drivers FS

Quote:
Originally posted by doorman

Way OT: I love your tag-line, and agree that Mr. Vitale is the most obnoxious "sports" personality on the air today!
Now, back to regular programming.
Don
Thanks. I should really put some content up on the site, get the word out, add a visitor counter, and see how many folks actually can't stand him. It's gotten to the point that I will not listen to the audio of a game on ESPN if Vitale is doing the "commentary" that night. But that's what the audio system is great for.

Way, way OT: I'm against cancer as much as, if not more than, the next guy. In fact, a friend of mine for almost 20 years, fishing buddy, beer drinking buddy, and all-around great guy, just died of head and neck cancer a month ago.

That said, I cannot abide every one of Vitale's games being devoted as much to the Jimmy V foundation as to the game being played. Even more amazingly, I actually listened to Vitale the other night listing his top five teams, one of which was Connecticut. His reason appeared to be entirely based on the fact that Coach Calhoun is a cancer survivor. Say what?

The guy's time, if there ever was one, has come and gone, and now he's just a distraction from the game. /rant off/ - Pat
Old 24th November 2008, 03:27 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Dave and Chris -

No worries. I'm as guilty as anyone of putting things off. I've had John Curl's phone number for many months, but I've put off calling him to repair my Vendetta because ... well, come to think of it, I don't know why, I've just had other things that have pushed that matter down the list.

Unfortunately, the result of having a sub-optimal implementation of the eNabled drivers is that I haven't been able to appreciate them in a way that showcases their undoubted strengths. The result of that is that they've been placed on the liquidation schedule, a mad dash to come up with a boatload of money to finance my daughter's NYU semester abroad in January. Basically, everything that's not nailed down is for sale around here right now, and in a couple of weeks I'll be pulling up the nails on the remainder.

Keep pushing the envelope on the exotic designs, guys, and those of us without woodworking tools or skills will keep our eyes open for any simple solutions in the meantime. - Pat
Old 24th November 2008, 05:10 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

Private message sent!
Old 24th November 2008, 07:37 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Sold! Thanks, Robert

Hide this!Advertise here!