• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Staco 10A Variac (120/140V)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Up for sale is my trusty variac that just hasn't been getting much use lately. It's a Staco 10A, 120/140V output (switch selectable) model that my brother rescued from Osram Sylvania when he worked there. I ran it through the full range last night and it's working as it should and aesthetically is in very good shape for its age. I'll upload actual pictures tonight but here's a good example.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The last one of these that I watched end on Ebay ended ~$40 (plus $20 shipping) and was untested and had the cord cut off. I'd like to get $50 + shipping and think that I can get this into a USPS flat rate box if I try hard enough. So the total should be ~$65 and I'll verify that for interested parties. I can't imagine shipping this thing internationally but if someone wants to pay for it who am I to say no?

I also can certainly link folks to feedback if desired, I have had several successful transactions here as well.

Thanks for looking and please email any questions.

Nate

Here are some actual images, taken tonight.

106058934.jpg
106058937.jpg

I also hooked it up to my Fluke 179 and measured the output through the full range of adjustment. It's surprisingly accurate. My line voltage tonight was 121.2VAC and set at 50% on 120V mode I read just under 59.4VAC, at maximum it was at 119.6VAC. The 140V range checked out similarly.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.