• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Akai 3"full range driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi
I offer for sale a pair Akai 3" full range driver .
These originally made in Japan 16 ohms , it came out a top of the line Akai tube reel to reel tape deck .Please do not ask for the type it is more than three years I do not remember .
Both are excellent working condition .Alnico magnet , it say 5W power but I tested with a gain clone amp as loud I could with out enclosure and still sounded with out distortion .
I kept these drivers for myself more tha three years so now I decided to sell them , no time for new project .
One more time I com pared with the 5" Visaton high -end driver and sounded as nice or nicer .
Not accidentally kept them for more three years .These are really nice drivers .
The price $30US for the pair .
If you are interested please contact mathelaszlo2@yahoo.ca

Attachments

• img_0003.jpg
    img_0003.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 264
HI
Yes you right , ad both driver almost like new condition .
They sound incredible to the size . And loud to . I compared with expensive Visaton and they sounded much nicer .Only I sell them because I do not have time to make a enclosure .
May be it sold , I just wait to get confirmed .

Greetings

HI
It is not sold yet.
Someone offered me a pair Krell KSA-50 clone PC boards which you can find on the Ebay . Red ones .
I asked two extra J511 regulator because my shipping would cost me a bit more.
If he say yes the drivers are sold if not may be I'll think about if I sell them .
It hurt me to sell them so nice sounding drivers .And I'm sure these are Fostex even they labeled Akai .
Maybe better to keep them if he does not take my offer .
I do not want to step back from my offer !

Greetings

HI
I just listen to them again , I have a small enclosure which design for a tweeter about 1.5L the size .
The sound so nice I will have to think about again
If I keep them or I let them go .
If the worth that much how planet advised may be better to put them on the Ebay or just keep them and when have more time build some enclosure for them .

Greetings

HI
The drivers look like these http://www.t-linespeakers.org/drivers/tunnelreflex/index.html
But these 16Ohms and marked as 5W . A bit has smaller magnet but 100% the same company made these . Even the dome has the same little dust cover in the middle .
I just tested with a Nakamichi TA-3A receiver more than half of the volume in face to that small enclosure with out any distortion .
Great drivers .
May be if I found the right enclosure for them I'll keep them .
I'm seriously thinking now about .
All I can say great drivers !!
Greetings

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.