• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: TC12 OEM, CSS SDX15, Vifa, Enclosures

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
First up is my TC Sounds Oem 12. I bought this new from someone on another forum back in Oct '07. It's been used lightly in a home theater run with about 750w. It's in great condition except for some scratches on the basket near the terminals from a mounting issue. You can see them in the pics near the terminals.

$180 shipped

sub1.jpg

sub2.jpg

sub3.jpg

sub4.jpg

Next up is a CSS SDX15. I bought this in Dec '07 from CSS. I had it in my Jeep running on about 1000w. It sounds amazing, but has some cosmetic issues. First off, the backplate has developed some surface rust, apparently due to our high humidity. It's really thin, and will probably clean up with some WD40, but I haven't messed with it yet. The pole vent doesn't have rust, and there's definitely no noise from the sub. Next is the mounting holes. When I got the sub, there was a lot of excess glue from the surround in the mounting holes. I cleaned them up, but it wound up scraping off some of the powdercoat in the holes. Third, the back of the mounting flange is a bit of a mess. I used some rubbery speaker sealing stuff from PartsExpress and it wound up being a bitch to get off. It really sealed it well, but it just looks a little messy. I'll keep trying to get the rest off in the meantime. I have pics of everything below.

$200 + shipping

029jpg.jpg

033jpg.jpg

030jpg.jpg

032jpg.jpg

037jpg.jpg

038jpg.jpg

Next is the box that housed the SDX15. I have a build thread for it here, but I'll try to briefly explain everything about it here.

It's around 4 cubic feet, tuned to 25hz. The two 4" Precision Ports are removable, and they can be dismantled and rebuilt to change tuning as well. The box has a double baffle, and three rib braces inside. The inside of the box is lined as per the instructions from Creative Sound (for the SDX15). I have t-nuts installed for the sub, although it may not fit all 15's. The SDX uses a JBL-style basket.

I used a rubbery sealer with the ports (same stuff on the SDX15 and it stuck so well that when I took out the ports for the first time, it took a thin layer of mdf from the port mount. It can easily just be filled with the same stuff or something less adhesive. I may repaint it to get rid of the mdf color.

The back of the enclosure is an incorporated amp rack, with inlets for cables (2 available, one is cut out and installed), 6 fans, each wired to run at 6v (compromise between loudness and airflow) to circulate airflow (3 in / 3 out). There are two smoked plexiglass windows for the amps I was using, the left one is 14" x 6.5" and the right one is 8" x 6.5". The exterior dimensions are 42" x 18.5" x 17.5".

The front face of the enclosure is black countertop laminate, while the rest of the box is wrapped in grey vinyl. The trim piece around the front face is screwed in from inside the box. While uninstalling the box, I managed to catch the vinyl on the top on something sharp and it left a small tear, about 1/4" in size. I have closeups pictured, and I'm trying to find a way to make it less noticeable...I thought I remember some infomercial having stuff to fix vinyl tears, but I dunno.

The back of the amp rack is held on with six bolts that bolt through the back of the enclosure. This essentially makes on-the-fly tuning impossible, but as long as you set up/tune everything before closing everything up for the last time, it makes for a very nice and clean installation.

$300 OBO (no clue about shipping)

006jpg.jpg

015jpg.jpg

014jpg.jpg

011jpg.jpg

012jpg.jpg

013jpg.jpg

019jpg.jpg

017jpg.jpg

008jpg.jpg

010jpg.jpg

I am also selling a pair of Vifa PL27TG-35-06 tweeters and a pair of Vifa P17WJ-00 woofers. I bought these back in February of '07 from PartsExpress. I used them occasionally in a 2-way setup for about a year. They are all in great condition. The backside of one of the tweeters has some residue from a foam tape that I was trying to use to seal the box; I'm going to clean it off once I get the chance.

woofers1.jpg

woofers2.jpg

woofers3.jpg

woofers4.jpg

$75 + shipping

tweeters1.jpg

tweeters2.jpg

tweeters3.jpg

tweeters4.jpg

$55 + shipping

I also have a couple of amps and a home theater enclosure for the TC12 that I built, but it would probably have to be a local pickup thing.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.