• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

International Rectifier Schottky diodes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have some IR 40cpq100 diodes for sale.

40 amp rating. TO-247 package. 100volt.

$2.00 usd each. Pay by Paypal.

E-mail with questions.

Thanks

KevinLee

Attachments

• i-1.jpg
    i-1.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 1,127
it isnt possible to email you, so please email me =D

I was thinking of using those in a pair of aleph monos, is it a good idea?

4 diodes for each winding, and i se that they are parallelld in the capsle? but is it possible to just use one of the diodes in the TO-247... or can one even benefit from parallelling the 2 diodes functioning as one?

/kasra

Hello Kasra,

I replaced a bridge in my amp using (4) TO-247 diodes, using one of the internal diodes per TO-247.

You could get away with using (3) of these TO-247 diodes to rebuild a bridge.

I would only be guessing, but I presume if you paralled the diodes your amperage ratings would go up. Maybe some one with a bit more experience with these kind of diodes can let us know.

I was happy with the sound after a few days of break-in. I also used snubbers.

Thanks

KevinLee

Kevin, I'm interested in buying a few of those from you. And shipping should be relatively inexpensive ;)

I'm a third year E. engineering student, but this will be my first time making a supply (or anything for that matter). So I don't know exactly how many (I'm guessing at least four).
I'm just finishing one of my two summer courses right now so is it possible we could meet next week? Please let me know,

Dan

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.