• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Audiostatic ESL aluminum cross bars

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Still cleaning out the closet...
I have (134) leftover aluminum cross bars used to build Audiostatic style ESLs.

Bars are approximately 9 3/8” long made from:
Extruded 6061 T6 Aluminum Square Bar (1/4” x 1/4”)
I had them black anodized locally.

http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant.cfm?pid=1111&step=4&showunits=inches&id=999&top_cat=0

$20 gets the whole lot.
Buyer pays actually shipping cost. Should fit in USPS flat rate package.

Thanks for looking,

Steve
Fort Worth, TX

Attachments

• bars1.jpg
    bars1.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 276
jam said:
........maybe if you tell us more about your design?

Jam

Hello Jam,

The 2 sets of ESLs that I built with these crossbars are essentially Audiostatic ES-100 clones. The main frames were made from phenolic, and the pictured aluminum crossbars were used just like Audiostatic. The only differences were that I used a small gauge PVC insulated wire and spaced them closer together than on the ES100. I also used only about 1/2 the diaphragm to stator spacing that Audiostatic did to pick up some sensitivity. I used an electronic crossover to remove the diaphragm resonance peak and cross over to a pressure subwoofer at 70Hz.

Hope this helps,

Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.