• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: CNC cut speaker baffles, cabinets, and other parts

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am brand new to this forum, but i hang out on a lot of other home and car audio forums. I currently have a small part time buissness producing and selling stealth sub boxes for various cars. However, ordres have been slowing down lately, and this has caused a problem. I rent a CNC router by the hour, but i dont have a whole hours worth of cutting. This either means i waste money, or i miss deadlines waiting on mire orders.

What i am hoping to do is simple cover my material and machine time with various other parts so i can continue to cut out the boxes which i make money on.

What i am offering if from simple spaker baffles, with speaker cutouts and recesses, to fully assebled cabinets, or anything in between.

Pricing is a follows: 6$ sq foot of 3/4" mdf

example 12 x 12 x 12 sub box = 6 square feet = 36$ in parts

assembly is 50% of parts, so the same box would cost 18$ to assemble, but i would round down to a even 50$.

all boxes are dadoes and rabeted together, and i can cut the speakerholes, ports, terminals, ect.

Like i said, not looking to make money, just fill machine time so i can stop losing money until orders pickk back up.

PM me, email me at bluegti@hotmail.com, or visit my webpage www.freewebs.com/uber-stealth

Well, i just thought i would post up a few pics of some of the stuff people had me cut out on friday. I hope to cut in a wwek or 2 if i get any mroe requests.

Set of surround sound baffle's ( looks like i lost one, so i need to machine another on monday)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

pait of MTM with 1/4" round over on edges

some ipen baffle design w/ 1 1/2" thick baffles

router templates

well hope the pics give you guys ideas, and if any of these items are yours, ill ship in the next day or 2

I will be cutting the next batch 10/31/08

OK, well, i had a lot of people interested in the cutting last time, so here it is again.

I will mainly be cutting 3/4" MDF, but possibly 1 1/8" Particle board as well.

I have adjusted my fees to balance out costs of large and small speakers. There where small ones with more maching then larger ones, yet costing only a fraction of the price.

MDF runs $3 square foot, 1 1/8" PB 4$ a square foot

Machining is as follows

Simple Panel: 3$
Single Speaker Baffle: 4 $
Multi Speaker baffle : 5$
Misc ( carving, designs, ect ) ask for quote.

The reason i did this was to make larger spakers more affordable

So, a 12" x 12" x 12" sub box
6 square feet material = 18$
5 panels = 15$
1 single speaker baffle = 6$

total = 39$

Assembly is still 1/2" kit price,
so box assembles is 58$ plus shipping

Now, same box but 18" x 18" x 18"
13.5 square feet material = 40.50$
5 panels = 15$
1 single speaker baffle = 6$

total = 61.50$

Assembly is still 1/2 kit price,
so box assembles is 92$ plus shipping

old pricing would have put the kit at 81 $ and built price at 121.50$

For those wanting pairs, or multipe baffles, I will do a discount, as i am just trying to cover all my programming time.

PM me if you have any questions

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
I hope you get enough for another batch. Looks good.

You might want to change the numbers under the 18" box, they still say 12"

EDIT: I forgot you will have timed out by now so I did it for you. Hope that's OK.

Also, could you please combine your two signature lines into one, they seem to repeat.

Thank you.

EDIT2: I see you simply added it again and that it's not a double sig line. As Gilda Radner used to say: Never mind.

Yea I suppose you could. I'll shoot you an email when I get back to my main pc with the PDF of the shape. It isn't too complicated and I don't need holes cut or anything, this is just a template.

Do you have an idea on cost, or is based on the complexity?

here you go, and some videos as well

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.