• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Dynaudio Kit and Speakers Moving Sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi. In the next few months, I move house and things got to go. This is not a fire sale, but rather a chance for you to get some very rare and look after Dynaudio drivers.

Many of you probably remember that Dynaudio used to sell his drivers to the Diy community but then stop it. You may also remember that they offer extensive complete speaker kit that included all the drivers and crossovers.

For years, I wanted to build one of the most sophisticated of these kits, the full range floor stander Finale speaker, check the included kit documentation.

This kit included one of the best dome tweeter, the D260, the dome midrange D52AF complemented by the 15W75 driver. Since Dynaudio use only 1st order smooth slope crossover filter to preserve the delicate phase relationship between drivers, they needed well behaved driver operating in the best portion of their curve. This is why in this design they use a dome midrange and a conventional driver.

The bass section used a mighty 30W100XL long range woofer with a passive radiator.

The kit also included a very sophisticated crossover with expensive custom parts assembled using high current trace PCB. All in all it was a very end end kit, the best that Dynaudio offered at the time.

When I wanted to build this kit, the parts were no longer available, so it took me years to collect them using ebay. I was even able to get almost impossible to find original crossover boards.

The only missing parts were the big woofer and its passive radiator. It is not such a bad thing because the original woofer used a foam surround and could be damage by now. I wanted to replace it by pair of 20W75-8" woofers driven by a separate amp and active crossover. There is plenty of superb bass driver that can do magic with this to high-mid section.

You have all the parts to build a superb top section with tweeter, mid and lower mid woofer and crossover. All the exact parts are there, just build the enclosure using the included diagram and complete it with an active over and you'll get a fantastic speakers, that could cost you thousands more. I always wanted to build it, but time goes on and I won't have time for the next few years anyway. It is your chance to get the results of my hard work, fast and easy.

Original price for these drivers were (from Solen catalogue):
D260 Tweeter, $266 ea
D52AF Mid Dome, 215$ ea
15W75 Mid woofer, 226$ ea, I ended paying more on ebay...
Crossover PCB with parts and instructions, paid 350$ the pair on ebay.

So I repeat, this is not a fire sale. These drivers and crossovers are virtually brand new and were stored with care in a clean environment. I even rotated the 15W75 up and down to preserve the surround, etc.

I would prefer to sell the kit complete because this is the way it was intented, and it has more value this way. But if there not much interest, I may resolve to sell them separately. I'll also eventually put them on Audiogon and ebay, but for now you have the exclusivity, since I know that it would be a great project for some of you guys.

The complete kit me cost me more than 1800$. I let it go for 1500$ + shipping + PayPal fee. It includes 6 drivers, two complete crossovers PCB and documentation (More than 8 boxes of great stuff). For such a great kit, already all designed, it is a great price. Send me an email if interested.

Finally I have two other pairs of brand new drivers to sell at great price, a pair of Dayton DC50F-8 2" dome mid (I wanted to compare with the Dynaudio, but forget it, the Dynaudio is light years from them) and a pair of Peerless 8" woofers, model 850130-8 ohms.

Price new for the Dayton is 35$ ea, there are yours for 20$ ea
The Peerless were 95$ ea, I let them go for 75$ ea. They are new!

If you like the Dynaudio Sound, it is a rare chance to get one of their great kit. Let me know. Thanks...

Attachments

• finale_1.gif
    finale_1.gif
    22.8 KB · Views: 750
The D52AF dome. Here an interesting story. As you can see these drivers are marked D52A, not AF. The only difference between both model was the front plate. The AF as a solid 1/8" aluminium front plate, the A only a formed steel plate, I found that the Dayton Dome has a perfectly compatible front plate with the D52A, so I bought them also to exchange the front plate and convert them into D52AF, voila!

Attachments

• driver_d52af_small.jpg
    driver_d52af_small.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 520
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.